Regrowth of styloid previously removed to skull base

CobyCo
I am very sorry to hear that your styloids may have grown back and that you are symptomatic again. My son had the same experience. He had both sides done 3 months apart. One year after the first surgery, he started having symptoms again. It was devastating. And convincing his surgeon they grew back was even harder. We got a new CT that definitely showed regrowth but they were adamant that it must have been something else. After a long story, which I won’t share here, he did have the surgery again on both sides. Surgery confirmed regrowth. Everyone on his surgical team was shocked. His case will be published by his surgeon, but it takes years because they need follow up. In the interim, I am publishing his story. One of my books (which includes my son’s issues) is at the printer now and should be available in a few weeks. The second book is dedicated to my son’s case and all its medical details including pictures. It is being edited as we speak and should be available later this year. Good luck to you. I know this is devastating, but you are a survivor and you can do this. Keep us posted.