19 year old - 3 year story - help me

I feel for you with these health issues & not a decent health care system, especially at your age…reading about Relapsing Polychondritis must’ve scared you, it doesn’t sound good. Quite a few members have had sensory issues/ strange sensations with their ears, & the head pressure, vertigo etc could potentially be jugular compression.
Have you had a CT scan at all? I can appreciate that you’re getting desperate for treatment & feel you need to travel elsewhere, & that money’s an issue, but to get a consultation with any other doctors you would need a CT for them to view & a radiologists report. You’ve been able to see doctors in Croatia presumably; it might be worth trying an Otolaryngologist/ Skull Base surgeon, or a head & neck cancer surgeon if you’ve not tried that already? And ask for a CT- you could print off some of the research papers which support your symptoms for the doctors to see? I don’t know otherwise if another EU country would be a better bet for you to try rather than the US?
Hopefully some of the US members who’ve paid for surgery can let you know the costs. I’m afraid that we can’t help with any costs, or with a fundraiser for you on here, unfortunately we have many members in the same situation unable to get treatment in their countries, it would be too much to have on here. Would you be able to try your own fundraiser with JustGiving or something in Croatia? I think one of our members in a different country did that & was able to get some media coverage as it’s a rare condition…
Have you got any support from family & friends? We’re happy to listen here, and will do our best to support you but I know it’s not like having someone close…please take care of yourself and if you are feeling suicidal please ring the numbers in the links below:
Crisis Help Line - Support - Living with Eagle
Croatia Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! Croatia Suicide Hotlines, Croatia Suicide Hotlines, Croatia Suicide Hotlines, Croatia Suicide Hotlines!
Will pray for some answers for you & for away to get treatment, and sending you a hug in the meantime :hugs: :pray:

4 Likes