Broken Blood Vessel by eye

Well I haven’t read this one before. . . This morning I looked in the mirror and low and behold I look like I have a black eye on the inside corner of my right eye. Not painful. no swelling, just boldly PURPLE. I don’t remember any trauma and I know it wasn’t there when I went to bed last night.

So I google - good and bad. BUT I came across an article that said a broken blood vessel near the eye could be caused by an irritated facial nerve. God knows I have those!

Second surgery scheduled for Monday. Prayers gratefully accepted.

Off to the eye Dr!

You guys are the best! Thanks:)

2 Likes

Wow that remaining styloid is up to no good!

You’re so close!!! Definitely keeping you in my intentions at weekend mass.:latin_cross:

1 Like

Well…Monday won’t come soon enough!
Keeping you in prayer💜

1 Like

You will be in my prayers. Sending hugs.
BG

1 Like

So the eye Dr. said it was def broken blood vessel. She felt it was caused by Eagles causing circulation issues and she was glad I wasn’t putting surgery off.

3 Likes

That’s a worry but very glad that your surgery is booked for Monday! Prayers & hugs…

1 Like

So glad that you have good doctors on your team!

1 Like

YIKES! Good information to have! Sorry this happened to you but glad the light is at the end of the tunnel! I’ve put your surgery on my calendar & will also be praying for you!

Hoping for an easy surgery & quick recovery.

:hugs:

1 Like

Wow, mine never actually burst but they were angry looking like this a lot prior to surgery (much better now). Interesting to know what your eye doctor said! I thought it was related to the nerve involvement in my face but my doctors disagreed with me. image image

3 Likes

All this vascular eye information is very interesting & a good addition to the body of symptoms we already have.

Thank you redbird & sljlash for sharing what you’ve learned!

Thinking of you! I’m sure you’re running around packing. Your drive is tomorrow? Then Monday is the halfway point of your journey! :heart:

2 Likes

I never realized how blood shot my eyes were until this picture and then I looked at my own. I figured my eyes were blood shot because I was in pain.

Am 18 days from 2nd surgery. The blood vessel that had burst cleared within 24 hours. And the whites of my right eye is white again!!

As another vision note: I wear prism glasses from all this and of course my vision changed about 10 days after surgery. The surgery on the right, released my left eye and changed my prism prescription. I can tell because my left eye is red and irritated on the inside, a very small spot, but can feel the strain.

It’s incredible how ES can affect so much in our bodies! …and scary! Hope that you can get the left eye sorted with new glasses?

Interesting about the vascular & vision aspects of the eyes being affected by ES. I had pressure behind my left eye but never visual changes or vascular issues.

I have a friend who wears prism glasses. They have helped her tremendously. I’d never heard of them before she got them. I do hope getting your glasses Rx corrected makes a HUGE difference for your eye!

:hugs:

I have seen reference to IJV compression related to lose of visual acuity (blurred vision) with looking down (neck flexion) … and I definitely have this! Can’t see anything on my plate with clarity :wink:

Thank you for sharing this. I love explanations for oddities. Go back to the eye Dr. in two weeks, very curious to see the changes in my prescription. My visual acuity has been off - more than blurry when looking down - but it is better now too!

2 Likes

?Maybe try bigger portions :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

EXCELLENT IDEA…why did i not think of that??? Oh yea, my brain is mush :exploding_head: you are the best!!!

2 Likes