Can ES cause chronic inflammation?

Hi all
Can ES cause chronic inflammation/soreness?
Since my tonsillectomy last summer everything worsened and the left side of throat is still reddened and it won’t go away. The pain comes and goes but still feel pressure all the time. I ask me, is it because of calcified ligament or went something wrong with the tonsillectomy? I am still lost, my ENT is also not sure about that.

Anyone had this?
Thanks.

I've certainly had sore throats (just the worse side) with ES, but still have my tonsils, so can't help with that issue. I had a quick look in past discussions- if you search for sore throat, then it comes up with several which might be helpful, particularly :

Sore throat and eagles syndrom

It might help you to at least know that others have had the same as you!

Thank you Jules
I will a have look at the older posts.
Thanks

Yes ES causes chronic inflammation, once you reduce the inflammation you will find that your symptoms will start decreasing! I started looking into an anti-inflammitory diet, as well as supplements. Between the two it has significantly decreased my symptoms as well as my flare ups. I also started using Tumeric and Cummin powders and you can find both in a pill form supplement as well. I also added taking TruV and havent had symptoms since December!!

Thank you kcannady
I will try with a cortisone injection next month. I think if it helps then it is a chronic inflammation

kcannady said:

Yes ES causes chronic inflammation, once you reduce the inflammation you will find that your symptoms will start decreasing! I started looking into an anti-inflammitory diet, as well as supplements. Between the two it has significantly decreased my symptoms as well as my flare ups. I also started using Tumeric and Cummin powders and you can find both in a pill form supplement as well. I also added taking TruV and havent had symptoms since December!!

I have had chronic inflammation as well, I found that a gluten free diet has really helped to decrease my symptoms. I have been doing that for the past 3 years or so. I have also been using homeopathic products to help reduce inflammation, they are called Lymphdiaral and Traumacare. These are available in Canada, but I'm not sure about other countries.

Yes, the chronic inflammation is probably from the contact with a nerve. Sore throats are common, and doctors can't find an infection but it feels like an infection. Lots of other inflammatory issues as well. After a successful surgery most of it wll go away. Of course, chronic inflammation like an auto-immune disease could even be a cause for Eagles, but no one has any real proof of why Eagles occurs, to my knowledge, it is a guess. So reducing some types of chronic inflammation may help reduce symptoms, but some symptoms may be due to the Eagles itself.

My sore throat and sinus problems and eye irritation all vanished after surgery and also all my facial pain that was thought to be TMJ.

Thank you Emma

My fam. Doctor want me to try a bite splint, which will also cost a lot.

So I ordered one, he still do not believe in ES…

God it s hard.

Thank you.

emma said:

Yes, the chronic inflammation is probably from the contact with a nerve. Sore throats are common, and doctors can’t find an infection but it feels like an infection. Lots of other inflammatory issues as well. After a successful surgery most of it wll go away. Of course, chronic inflammation like an auto-immune disease could even be a cause for Eagles, but no one has any real proof of why Eagles occurs, to my knowledge, it is a guess. So reducing some types of chronic inflammation may help reduce symptoms, but some symptoms may be due to the Eagles itself.

My sore throat and sinus problems and eye irritation all vanished after surgery and also all my facial pain that was thought to be TMJ.

I just got diagnosed, i have inflamation problems, thought for years it was TMJ also. The more I read, the more I can identify with most. Hope you all get better. God bless! Im just now, 5 days ago, got diagnosed, so im new, just learning my way through.