Ct results

Radiologist was more than likely using voice to text. Eagle’s and fecal sound similar enough.

5 Likes

That was my guess too!

3 Likes

I’d guess it was “facial” vs “fecal”. Discl: non-native English speaker here
:poop: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

“Facial” was my first thought, too, @vdm!

2 Likes

Does this show a compression?

2 Likes

simple answer yes but does appear moderate compression by the C1. Many images around this area will also show us if the Styloid is also compressing. See if you can trace the Styloid backwards where it meets with the C1.

2 Likes

1 Like

Good ones. Yeah, I can see the Styloid pushing it towards the C1 and C1 pushing it towards the Styloid. Seem s to be the Styloid is compressing the IJV at upper level and C1 little down. So you yeah, you do have compression of the IJV as well.

3 Likes

If the ijv is being squashed, it’s very possible that the glossopharyngeal nerve is too, right? They run together there, I think.

3 Likes

I would say yes, it is possible these nerves (GPN/Vagus/Accessory) get compressed/irritated as they exit from the same Jugular Foreman (Same Skull base route). Seeing is believing also as the Chinese saying goes “picture is worth thousand words”.

4 Likes

Even if your IJV wasn’t being squashed it would be possible for the glossopharyngeal nerve to be compressed/irritated by your styloid. It looks pretty thick & the angle of growth could definitely be impacting nerves up by the skull base.

1 Like

My initial cat scan on the front of the paper results said I had Fecal Syndrome. And on the back of the paper it read I had THECAL syndrome.
I had that cat scan tucked away in a trunk for 5 years, before I reread it and did some investigating myself about the description on the paper of my styloid process measuring 7. something on one side and 3. Something on the other. And calcification. I don’t have it with me right now. I have a hard time remembering things frequently. The cat scan was taken in 2017. My family physician at the time handed me the results. And never said anything about it. I had a heart attack in 2019 at 55 yrs. old. By then the only thing I did tell every doctor I seen was how large both my carotid artery’s were at all times. I did have a 99.9% blockage. They were able to put a stent in.
I’m not sure if you are the person who said the radiologist wrote Fecal Syndrome. I was shocked to see it had happened to someone else.

2 Likes

Ladybug,
I had all the same symptoms. Throat burn, globus etc…. The ES surgery resolved them.

2 Likes

You inspire me to keep working on a solution!!

4 Likes