Doctors in canada ontario ? anyone

Hmmm…I am a Canadian, and my family and I have far more experience with the provincial health care system than any family should. But everything that has been a problem was either common, or not so rare that there are no doctors who deal with it. Mind you, I was symptomatic for over 15 years before someone decided that there was something wrong with me.

In our experience, people who know how to advocate for themselves, get prompt help for things that need it. For non-life-threatening problems, yes, you wait. I have waited months for joint replacements. For my rare disease (yes, I’m a rare-ee too) I did endure some waits that were problematic. But in the end, when I found the right doctor for the rare disease I had, I got amazing, world-class care. That did take some manoeuvring, which I know puts people like me, who know how to advocate for themselves and “work the system”, at an advantage. And that’s not fair.

And that’s my cue to draw everyone’s attention to our new toolbox at Ben’s Friends: Patient Self-Advocacy. It’s being put up in its own category as we speak. (In fact, that’s what I was coming here to do when I came across this discussion.) But I’m off topic, so the Moderators may have to “correct” me. :hugs:

Back to the issue of Eagle Syndrome treatment in Canada. I’ll just say it: IT SUCKS. And it doesn’t seem as if any province is better (or worse) than another. Our system does a terrible job on this one. There are people left suffering, or having to pay for private care out of country. As a taxpayer, that makes me extremely angry.

Just a reminder to everyone here: please don’t name doctors and give negative reports on the public board. I know you’re angry, and so am I, but that’s part of our rules, and the rule is there for ethical and legal reasons. If you do, your post (and maybe even you :wink: will be edited.)

All the best to you, Tomas, everyone reading this, and all the Canadians on this forum. I’m totally with you on this.

Seenie from Admin and ModSupport, in Ontario.

1 Like