Feeling so lost in Canada (Intro post)

Just a thought, (& probably not helpful to throw something else into the mix!), but several members have had SCDS- Semicircular Canal Dehiscence- which can cause disabling dizziness. It’s potentially caused by pressure eroding the bones, for example if there’s jugular compression which can raise the Intracranial pressure. Might be worth looking into, I think it should be able to be seen on a head CT by a skilled radiologist…you can search the discussions for info, but here’s one discussion:
Semicircular Canal Dehiscence - General - Living with Eagle

2 Likes

I’m glad you found the emoji "button’ I hope you slept well! :sun_with_face: :tulip:

Thanks for the link Jules. I had a look through that.
So now I’m confused and a little deflated. Doctor Hepworth did order a CT of the temporal bone so that we could better visualize and see the left side as well where I have the most pain with sound. And I don’t have the CT itself, but will get it, but the report reads that everything is normal.
I don’t understand how an MRI from a year ago showed a hole that I could clearly see when doctor Hepworth showed me and now it’s gone? And the hole was in my good ear where I have less pain with sound?
And I have such visually stimulated dizziness as well as severe hyperacusis, especially indoors where sound bounces. I really thought that I had an answer there…. Bleah….

I wouldn’t throw in the towel on the SCDS diagnosis yet, @akc. I had an MRV & a CTA scan last Dec. to look at vascular issues & things showed up on the MRI that weren’t on the CTA & vice versa which didn’t make sense. I haven’t been able to get it sorted out yet, but my local ENT is totally dismissive of what I think is there. Dr. Hepworth will help you make sense of what’s going on.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I needed to hear that. Really needed to… And I sincerely hope that you are able to get your vascular issues and hence images sorted and in the hands of someone who will take is seriously. What are your next steps if I may ask? (and of course you’ve no need to reply)

1 Like

As with a number of our members, I’m working on getting an appt. w/ Dr. Hepworth just to get an opinion as to whether or not the scans results could be related to my progressive hearing loss.

2 Likes

A little bit of patience and you know that you’ll get a thorough assessment. I’m glad you’ll be seeing him when he opens up again.

2 Likes