First surgery scheduled Mr Axon

How are you, have you had surgery? Thinking of you…

Hi Jules,
Surgery was delayed until 8th Dec. Thank you for thinking about me though. I am getting mentally prepared.
x A

1 Like

Hello you! How did the pre-op go? Are you still in for the 8th?
I’m actually feeling a little reassured that there might be someone else from the forum at Addenbrookes at the same time. Makes no sense really, but…
A

1 Like

Hi Aleabee, The pre-op went fine and all good for the 8th! I don’t know your gender but I think the wards are split male and female. I’m a bloke so I’ll be in the male ward. Anyway feel free to ask the nurses if there’s someone called Matt here who’s having the same operation as me. Hopefully they’ll be nice and point you in my direction! Take care

2 Likes

Such a shame it’s been cancelled, but nice that you & M_UK will be in the same time, it was quite a while ago that I had my surgery & pre-Covid obvs, but they had everyone in a waiting room before surgery so you might see each other! Because of the bed situation, they were putting people on any ward they could get a bed on, so I ended up on an orthopaedic ward, the nurses hadn’t ever heard of ES so kept coming in to look at me :joy:
Hope that you both get your surgery done, will be praying for you…

1 Like