Hello- a bit about me

Hi Rebeckett, & welcome to the site!
As far as I’m aware, there’s no other bone that could be pushing into your tonsil area. The best way to confirm ES is to get a CT of your head & neck- hopefully the consultant will agree to that for you.
We do know of one doctor in Wales who’s familiar with ES, Mr Cellan Thomas, University Hospital Wales, Heath, Cardiff (Max-Fac surgeon on Head & Neck Cancer team). If your CT does show ES then it would be a good idea to get referred to him if possible. Here’s a link to the Doctors List as well:
Doctors Familiar With ES Countries Outside US Current List - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
There’s lots of info in the Newbies Guide Section, for example symptoms & possible explanations, which might help you see if there’s any other symptoms of ES you have. Here’s a link:
ES Information: Common Symptoms And Possible Explanations For Them - Welcome / Newbies Guide to Eagle Syndrome - Living with Eagle
It’s a good idea to get as informed as possible before your appt too; as ES is quite rare, many doctors aren’t familiar with it & can be dismissive.
I hope that the Gabapentin helps; it can take a couple of weeks to build up enough to work, so be patient!

1 Like