I have returned

Hi, I’m Becky and I’m a grandmother of 6 & great-grandmother of 3 little boys. I live in the Pacific Northwest and I enjoy gardening, baking and sewing/crafts. I’m happily married to my best friend for the past 22 years.

I was part of this group several years ago, and dropped out as I’ve had a lot of other things going on including heart failure, kidney disease & pulmonary hypertension. I also have several autoimmune conditions so there’s always something popping up to take my attention.

I originally joined here after my ENT diagnosed ES when I went to her with complaints of constant throat pain & needing to clear throat (unproductive). After she put her finger down my throat and pushed on a spot that nearly made me jump out of the chair, she told me that I had Eagle Syndrome and that if I continued to have pain, to come back and see her. My ES has been pretty quiet (or my other problems have been screaming louder!)

I have a friend with ES symptoms and I’m trying to help her get information together so she can see a doctor for diagnosis. She is in the process of moving, so when I get the information on her new location, I’ll check the resources here so I can send her some information on doctors, etc.

3 Likes

Hi, & welcome back! So sorry that you have so much going on health-wise, but glad that ES symptoms have been less troublesome…
Here’s a link to the current doctors list, ready for when you know where she’ll be:
US Doctors Familiar With ES, Current List - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
Some doctors do phone consults; Dr Samji in CA for example, he’s very experienced & has done lots of surgeries on members.
As you may well know, a CT is the best way to get an ES diagnosis, so if she’s able to get that done in the meantime, that would be helpful. If it can be requested to be specifically evaluated for ES, with the styloid processes measured & any calcification of the stylo-hyoid ligaments noted, that’s good.
Interesting that you both have/ might have ES- it’s supposed to be extremely rare, but we think on here that it’s more common than realised & just under diagnosed!
Best wishes to you & your friend!

1 Like