Instability after styloidectomy? Curious what others have experienced/done about it

Sorry to hear. Sounds like crepitation. I had the same thing that got much much worse afteer I foolishly let a run-of-the-mill chiropractor wrench on my neck for an entire year trying to get my atlas to hold. What’s the definition of insanity? :smirk:

I am. I don’t remember seeing that story but that’s great that he was able to avoid the surgeries. Even though I have new instability, I’m super glad that I had the surgeries. My brain function has returned quite well.

2 Likes

I found this to be an informative video:
Infectious or Environmental Causes of CCI: A Review of What we Know - YouTube.

2 Likes

@Michael123 - I’m sorry your neck is crunchy. Once your other styloid is removed, it might help reduce that problem. I have that crepitus in my lower spine. It doesn’t hurt but sure sounds weird when I do an abdominal workout!! :rofl:

1 Like

Ty Isaiah yeah im a little worried what Dr Hernandez going to say about the right side even tho its still early in recovery.My head feels great .stll have face and ear issues.My neurosurgeon stoped once we seen the styloid he said that may becausing my neck issues.

3 Likes

I would wait awhile before considering a second ES surgery. I had my second one about 8 mos after my first one. Unless your remaining symptoms are debilitating, it’s very worthwhile letting your body heal for some months before jumping back into the ring. Giving yourself extra healing time allows you to have a better idea of which symptoms your first surgery really helped & which might be coming from the second styloid.

3 Likes