My Eagle Journey and Surgery

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. I think having a vascular surgeon on hand is spot on and will insist upon it.

All the best to a quick recovery.

Thanks!!! Please keep me in the loop and let me know if you decide to consult with Dr Krespi.

Today marks 5 1/2 months. It has certainly had its ups and downs. It took quite a while for me to feel good and longer to go about a normal life. About 2 - 3 weeks of saying I was feeling pretty good was when the Dr. examined the right side and made it hurt so much worse. Note - when I was feeling better I was still numb above the incision to the jaw line. It had improved as for some time I could barely touch it. Now I am in the place where I need your support! Since the Dr. pressed around I have had so much more pain. Both on the left and right. Makes it hard to remember the good days. My original surgical side was left - the pain under my jaw is worse, I have cheek numbness often (had a little before but not this much) and the right side surgery is schedule for July15th at Mayo in Phoenix. If you can offer any encouragement from the time between your surgeries - I would really appreciate it:)

Hi sjlash,

I’m so sorry to hear your doctor was aggressive enough in his exam that it caused your pain to intensify. The happy news is your second surgery is only a little over a month away!! Imagine yourself free of ES symptoms. It’s coming!!!

Unfortunately, the remaining side does tend to become more symptomatic after the first side is removed, but it sure doesn’t need to be prodded in that direction! It’s possible that whatever the doctor stirred up has caused some inflammation or nerve irritation which is bothering your left side as well. Ice is always a safe bet and if it makes things worse, use moist heat i.e. a damp washcloth microwaved for 15-30 seconds or dipped in warm water or use a heatable pack (some ice packs can also be warmed) & place a damp washcloth over it before putting against your skin. Fifteen min. on & 45 off works for ice. I think you can use heat for longer periods w/ less space between.

Your cheek numbness will likely recede w/ time. It took more than a year for my numb areas to regain sensation so here is a place where patience is warranted. Nerves can be very slow to recover, but they normally do recover w/ time.

Sending up prayers for you today & hoping you start feeling better.

:bouquet:

1 Like

Aw man I hate that you’re not in a better place right now. Still a month away though. Some healing can happen in that time.
I’m so glad to be done with the second surgery. I’m looking at it as just lumping the two procedures together in my mind and hoping I feel like a different person in 2020 as compared to 2019.

1 Like

I’m sure this will improve, you’ll still be having nerve healing & it could be the doc aggravated that when poking you about…it’s so easy to think the worst with this, but hope you can keep strong & prepare for the 2nd surgery.
Will keep praying for you…big hug

1 Like