New here from DC/Virginia area

Hi Elle,

Welcome to our forum! I enjoyed reading your post. You have an entertaining writing style.

The symptoms you listed have all been noted w/ ES i.e. vision changes, headaches, neck aches, tinnitus/noise sensitivity, something stuck in throat… The headaches & vision changes are often a sign that there is some vascular compression (internal jugular vein or internal carotid artery) being caused by your elongated styloids. You may notice these symptoms worsen when your head is in a particular position (i.e. lookin up/down, left/right, etc.). Several of our members who have/had challenging vascular symptoms found that taking a blood thinner while awaiting surgery helped reduce those symptoms. Another thing that may help is to sleep w/ your head elevated. For any painful symptoms, icing your neck may help though some people find heat works better. Another more invasive help for pain is to try an injection of lidocaine combined with cortisone. This is given in the tonsil area using ultrasound guidance. There is a limited number of injections that can be given though.

Here is a link to an article that Jules wrote that has a lot of great information about ES symptoms:

I’m glad our forum has already been helpful for you!