New to the Room, Need a GREAT doctor!

Ang, firstly, if you ever feel suicidal you need to get professional help, I Can't stress this enough. My brother (failed back op & marriage-2kids),cousin (Lyme) my dad's 2nd cousin (depression drank formaldehyde-science teacher in 1950's) and myMom's second cousin along with wife (both had learning disabilities, met in a group home, so it was a "suicide-suicide" ALL committed suicide, yet NONE really reached out. I refuse to give up, knowing that although the pain can get intense at times, there are things we all can do to help ourselves, but reaching out and getting help like you are here, is the BEST thing you can do for yourself. Never give up!

I am sorry that you are having a difficult time with getting appointments at all, it has to be the most frustrating, I have a friend in your predicament as well and I am trying to help her too. I have insurance so I am trying to pay it forward to help those benefit from what I have learned. One day I hope to have a sort of Foundation just for people unable to get help,but I can't do that until I manage to get some funds together (think on the level of the Mesothelioma Fund-let the Pharma industry PAY for having injured us!) via that $5 MIL LAWSUIT!but I digress...

Although none of us are medical professionals, by virtue of the medical situations we have all been put through in our ordeals, we are "medical savvy" Just remember that what we say can be guidelines for you to follow up on and for most part there are things docs are even unaware of-for instance my gastro had NO CLUE a drug he prescribes every day , has "fibrosing colonopathy" as its FIRST ADVERSE EFFECT! http://www.creon.com and just GUESS what I got diagnosed with?! after two colorectal surgeries I discover that little tidbit and either my gastro is a clueless idiot or an deserves an Oscar for looking sincere as he told me he didn't KNOW! any time an Iatrogenic illness (that is one caused from a drug or a doctor/healthcare facility) is thought to be a factor in ongoing health issues, no docs really want o make the concerted effort then to help use POINT the finger of blame, never mind even DIAGNOSING the issues. it is almost as if they hit a BRICK wall!

OK that being said, the symptoms I and are/were consistent with heavy metal poisoning, the mechanics of having the styloid block proper bloodflow are issues (Cleveland Clinic just wanted to drug my MINOR spasms..eyt HOW minor ar spasms causing the cascade all the way to my legs?!) it can be tracked without using expensive radiation/dye/contrast , by doing what doctors have done for CENTURIES LISTEN TO PATIENTS, examine properly and FEEL why the body does in certain situations.Dr Cognetti was able to palpate my Styloid and it "felt not to be TOO elongated" so I also took to him an older CT showing it was indeed a bit long, thus enabling me to get the surgery, he also removed my thyroid cancer (Left for now, right to follow and HOPEFULLY no swallowing issues/asc's (adverse surgical complication )but when I asked pre-srgically if there were any imaging studies able to be done to PROVE Scarrign within the face/head/neck throat areas, I was told there were NONE hmmmmm.....i then found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_coherence_tomography: and it has been used to show a fingertip, which may help me in long run!

Symptoms of metal toxicity include: Short-term memory loss - decreased cognitive function - depression headaches - sleep disorders - chronic fatigue - drowsiness or grogginess - sinusitis - allergic reactions - Candida muscle spasms & weakness - muscle & joint pain - poor bone density - burning extremities - numbness & tingling peripheral neuropathy - inflammation of mouth & gums - burning tongue - metallic taste - gastrointestinal issues carpal tunnel - pressure, ringing or popping in ears - hearing loss - dizziness & loss of balance - rashes & itchy skin dry skin - difficulty swallowing - reflux - dry mouth - hoarseness - thyroid dysfunction - kidney or liver damage cold hands & feet - low body temperature - high or low blood pressure - pain in heart region/angina - MS (new) progressive vision loss - electrifying feeling/vibration within the body

I have had ALL of the above (with exception to KIDNEY issues therein lie the rUB without KD, docs will not entertain that a patient can be harmed via GAD!) not all at same time however but at one point I'd suffered 18 falls within my own home and two in stores (greasy floor in Taco Bell and a grape in Shop Rite!) but based on bloodflow issues my legs are misshapen and doctors weren't making the connection, instead asking me: "Why did you have your calves surgically altered?!" THAT GEM was from a vascular surgeon himself, in MA! REALLY if you can't tell a patient is presenting with a chronic condition not induced from elective surgical alteration, its time for a new career! Perhaps pet-sitter but then I wouldn't trust a man like him to even CLEAN up pet poop either!

the stomach issues you have may be exacerbated via bloodflow, I have slow gastric emptying (via regular and pill endoscopies) had some polyps removed from bowel but then docs will only say "this happens in someone your age!" you are much younger correct I am 55) but having MAJOR issues since my very first MRI.

LEt me ask, have you had ANY skin rashes within /right after MRI's w/contrast? extremely ITCHY ? have you ever had "extravasation"? that is when the IV is not into the vein properly or it becomes dislodged and causes MRI contrast to enter the tissues rather than the vein directly.

the above may be a lot to digest for us lay people, just go a t each site a little at a time, it helps to put the bigger picture into focus, then will hopefully lead us to diagnosis treatment and most of all RELIEF of symptoms, my left sid back of head feels much better, i still have some spasm issues deeper within the head (i.e. HFS -hemifacial spasm) that an ENT can't manage, so I trod on...BTW I ran into an anatomy Professor at a local NJ college on line at Wegmans' grocery the other day who was impressed I diagnosed my own Eagle's, as many docs have never even heard of it. NOT bragging just explaining how being aware of one's own body is the single most important thing we can do for ourselves.

please, if you can, get some help, talk to someone, there are even toll free lines free help available on NET!

Never give up!
Cat

Hey,

That's interesting because I really dont know whats wrong but i'll get petchea, sp? where my legs have pin points down them and then they disappear... My stomachs a huge issue and randomly i've had this food intolerance... i don't think it's food allergies bc i don't have hives etc. I have had 19 surgeries... and well over 8 xray/mris just this year... soo im really lost..

Cat said:

Ang, firstly, if you ever feel suicidal you need to get professional help, I Can't stress this enough. My brother (failed back op & marriage-2kids),cousin (Lyme) my dad's 2nd cousin (depression drank formaldehyde-science teacher in 1950's) and myMom's second cousin along with wife (both had learning disabilities, met in a group home, so it was a "suicide-suicide" ALL committed suicide, yet NONE really reached out. I refuse to give up, knowing that although the pain can get intense at times, there are things we all can do to help ourselves, but reaching out and getting help like you are here, is the BEST thing you can do for yourself. Never give up!

I am sorry that you are having a difficult time with getting appointments at all, it has to be the most frustrating, I have a friend in your predicament as well and I am trying to help her too. I have insurance so I am trying to pay it forward to help those benefit from what I have learned. One day I hope to have a sort of Foundation just for people unable to get help,but I can't do that until I manage to get some funds together (think on the level of the Mesothelioma Fund-let the Pharma industry PAY for having injured us!) via that $5 MIL LAWSUIT!but I digress...

Although none of us are medical professionals, by virtue of the medical situations we have all been put through in our ordeals, we are "medical savvy" Just remember that what we say can be guidelines for you to follow up on and for most part there are things docs are even unaware of-for instance my gastro had NO CLUE a drug he prescribes every day , has "fibrosing colonopathy" as its FIRST ADVERSE EFFECT! http://www.creon.com and just GUESS what I got diagnosed with?! after two colorectal surgeries I discover that little tidbit and either my gastro is a clueless idiot or an deserves an Oscar for looking sincere as he told me he didn't KNOW! any time an Iatrogenic illness (that is one caused from a drug or a doctor/healthcare facility) is thought to be a factor in ongoing health issues, no docs really want o make the concerted effort then to help use POINT the finger of blame, never mind even DIAGNOSING the issues. it is almost as if they hit a BRICK wall!

OK that being said, the symptoms I and are/were consistent with heavy metal poisoning, the mechanics of having the styloid block proper bloodflow are issues (Cleveland Clinic just wanted to drug my MINOR spasms..eyt HOW minor ar spasms causing the cascade all the way to my legs?!) it can be tracked without using expensive radiation/dye/contrast , by doing what doctors have done for CENTURIES LISTEN TO PATIENTS, examine properly and FEEL why the body does in certain situations.Dr Cognetti was able to palpate my Styloid and it "felt not to be TOO elongated" so I also took to him an older CT showing it was indeed a bit long, thus enabling me to get the surgery, he also removed my thyroid cancer (Left for now, right to follow and HOPEFULLY no swallowing issues/asc's (adverse surgical complication )but when I asked pre-srgically if there were any imaging studies able to be done to PROVE Scarrign within the face/head/neck throat areas, I was told there were NONE hmmmmm.....i then found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_coherence_tomography: and it has been used to show a fingertip, which may help me in long run!

Symptoms of metal toxicity include: Short-term memory loss - decreased cognitive function - depression headaches - sleep disorders - chronic fatigue - drowsiness or grogginess - sinusitis - allergic reactions - Candida muscle spasms & weakness - muscle & joint pain - poor bone density - burning extremities - numbness & tingling peripheral neuropathy - inflammation of mouth & gums - burning tongue - metallic taste - gastrointestinal issues carpal tunnel - pressure, ringing or popping in ears - hearing loss - dizziness & loss of balance - rashes & itchy skin dry skin - difficulty swallowing - reflux - dry mouth - hoarseness - thyroid dysfunction - kidney or liver damage cold hands & feet - low body temperature - high or low blood pressure - pain in heart region/angina - MS (new) progressive vision loss - electrifying feeling/vibration within the body

I have had ALL of the above (with exception to KIDNEY issues therein lie the rUB without KD, docs will not entertain that a patient can be harmed via GAD!) not all at same time however but at one point I'd suffered 18 falls within my own home and two in stores (greasy floor in Taco Bell and a grape in Shop Rite!) but based on bloodflow issues my legs are misshapen and doctors weren't making the connection, instead asking me: "Why did you have your calves surgically altered?!" THAT GEM was from a vascular surgeon himself, in MA! REALLY if you can't tell a patient is presenting with a chronic condition not induced from elective surgical alteration, its time for a new career! Perhaps pet-sitter but then I wouldn't trust a man like him to even CLEAN up pet poop either!

the stomach issues you have may be exacerbated via bloodflow, I have slow gastric emptying (via regular and pill endoscopies) had some polyps removed from bowel but then docs will only say "this happens in someone your age!" you are much younger correct I am 55) but having MAJOR issues since my very first MRI.

LEt me ask, have you had ANY skin rashes within /right after MRI's w/contrast? extremely ITCHY ? have you ever had "extravasation"? that is when the IV is not into the vein properly or it becomes dislodged and causes MRI contrast to enter the tissues rather than the vein directly.

the above may be a lot to digest for us lay people, just go a t each site a little at a time, it helps to put the bigger picture into focus, then will hopefully lead us to diagnosis treatment and most of all RELIEF of symptoms, my left sid back of head feels much better, i still have some spasm issues deeper within the head (i.e. HFS -hemifacial spasm) that an ENT can't manage, so I trod on...BTW I ran into an anatomy Professor at a local NJ college on line at Wegmans' grocery the other day who was impressed I diagnosed my own Eagle's, as many docs have never even heard of it. NOT bragging just explaining how being aware of one's own body is the single most important thing we can do for ourselves.

please, if you can, get some help, talk to someone, there are even toll free lines free help available on NET!

Never give up!
Cat

thanks I didn't feel it as I was under sedation with IV morphine 5 days after.

if you are having runs, it might be your pancreas, mine got affected within a few weeks after an MRI, I could chart the "Cause & effect" on the billing statements from the MRI place, seeing hospitalizations right after! major issues all the time! again, WHY all these surgeries? are they using you as a Guinea Pig, are you on state aid at least to help w/bills? Cat

Jayde said:

My 1st surgery is scheduled for August 11th. It is official.

I had resistance to scheduling this surgery because I am broke, uninsured, and dependent on my boyfriend to help me with this. I feel basically worthless. So much money has been "sunk" into me and here I am a 32 year old with no prospects. I have been suicidal since I was 5. I get scared when I think about anything but a perfect result with this surgery because my life as it is I can't continue....... I just do not know how I will keep it all going.

For now, I am racking my brain to figure out how to open myself up to change...... to believe that there is something more to my life/my being than PAIN.

I'm on disability currently because I was in a pedestrian vs auto accident. Ive had three surgeries on neck, tonsils, 4x left knee, gal bladder removal, right ankle, 4x on left arm. wisdom, and the 30th of July I'm going to Minnesota to get a major reconstructive surgery on my left arm. I am only 29 years old. I don't feel suicidal, just overwhelmed with all of this

Cat said:

if you are having runs, it might be your pancreas, mine got affected within a few weeks after an MRI, I could chart the "Cause & effect" on the billing statements from the MRI place, seeing hospitalizations right after! major issues all the time! again, WHY all these surgeries? are they using you as a Guinea Pig, are you on state aid at least to help w/bills? Cat

Jayde said:

I had resistance to scheduling this surgery because I am broke, uninsured, and dependent on my boyfriend to help me with this. I feel basically worthless. So much money has been "sunk" into me and here I am a 32 year old with no prospects. I have been suicidal since I was 5. I get scared when I think about anything but a perfect result with this surgery because my life as it is I can't continue....... I just do not know how I will keep it all going.

For now, I am racking my brain to figure out how to open myself up to change...... to believe that there is something more to my life/my being than PAIN.

sorry that should've been to JAYDE, not Ang! as Jayde said: I have been suicidal since I was 5. I get scared when I think about anything but a perfect result with this surgery because my life as it is I can't continue....... I just do not know how I will keep it all going.

Jaybe: you will be able to go on! we ALL are! in one form or other!

Ang: Good luck with upcoming surgery. Remember all the spots on Gadolinium no matter WHAT your kidney status is! it is harmony those of us w/normal kidneys as well!

Cat
ang said:

I'm on disability currently because I was in a pedestrian vs auto accident. Ive had three surgeries on neck, tonsils, 4x left knee, gal bladder removal, right ankle, 4x on left arm. wisdom, and the 30th of July I'm going to Minnesota to get a major reconstructive surgery on my left arm. I am only 29 years old. I don't feel suicidal, just overwhelmed with all of this

Cat said:

Jayde said: