New Undiagnosed Member

Hope they show what’s going on…let us know when you get the results.

1 Like

It seems I had all of your symptoms including GERD and severe eye pain.All of those mentioned on one side or the other. Bring your doctors the info from this website. If you can get 3 D renderings of CT scans, your doctors will be believers. 3D Viewer is a free dowliad on a Windows 10 computer and there is a tutorial on this forum on how to use the viewer to make your own from a 2D scan. However, you cannot save the 3D view. Use your smartphone to snap a picture of your computer screen, and you have an instant carry with you 3D picture of your situation. It may look a little crude, but those tusks do make impressive evidence of what we have.
Good luck and do not give up.

2 Likes

I was unable to get a disk from the place where I had the CT done. Do you think that the radiologist would acknowledge them when reading the CT, given that they are elongated/calcified? The doctors office has been having the results since Wednesday and have not called me yet, which is making me even more anxious. I am honestly hoping this Eagles and not a parotid tumor, which is another possibility.

If the radiologist is looking for Eagle Syndrome, then it should be acknowledged on his/her report. If not, there may be no mention of the styloids or stylohyoid ligaments. Usually the doctor who ordered the CT scan has to ask for the radiologist to look at the styloids & s-h ligaments. If that request isn’t made, even elongated styloids &/or calcified ligaments can be overlooked.

I got my results, the radiologist only noted that I have two, 2MM nodules on my thyroid. There are no ‘soft tissue’ masses where this lump is, and it wasn’t even acknowledged. I’m still in pain and extremely frustrated, hopefully I can get my hands on the disk of the CT soon.

nbreaux732 - You can request that your CT scan be re-read to check for ES. If the scan covered the area from thyroid to skull base, it will be obvious if you have elongated styloids &/or calcified stylohyoid ligaments. Hopefully the CT covered that area. If not, you may need to get another one down the road. I hope all that needs to be seen is visible.

I think, by law, the radiology lab is required to give you a disc of your CT if you ask for it. They may charge you for it, but because it’s information about your body, they can’t deny you a copy.

Hope you can get the scan re-read & a copy, sorry that it didn’t give you any answers … thinking of you, hugs.