New user with questions

EaglesinBoston,

Ughh, you are holding on for a long ride BUT it sounds like you are finally with someone who is experienced and ordering the right imaging to help you move forward. I have learned NEVER to leave an office without 2 copies of the imaging just done in my hot little hand (one for me and one for the doc). It only takes an extra 10 minutes of waiting and is well worth it, should not cost anything extra. On the bright side you are way more educated and empowered to be your own advocate with the next appointment. Keep fighting the good fight, with you all the way!

Thanks JustBreathe! And thanks for the adviceā€¦ Iā€™m going to go get my copies and take them with me. And now I will have another set after the next tests to use. I am finally hopeful with my dr to finally get some answers from a qualified dr who understands it and has seen it and done the surgery.

Staying hopeful through the long process!

EiB

1 Like

So frustrating & sort of a waste of time- but at least youā€™ve seen a doctor who seems confident & capable, & thatā€™s saying something!

Hi EaglesinBoston, If I am understanding what you have written correctly, you have already had CT and are now going to have similar imaging done again (?). Unless your insurance company is feeling extremely generous or the new doctor has concern about the parameters of the first CT, this is a very expensive way to go and the bill might potentially be denied by insurance. (Insert all appropriate disclaimers here about my not having full information.) You might want to think about getting the first images to your new doctor and asking him to verify that the second CT is still necessary.

Great advice, onelessstyloid! Thanks for posting this!!

Thanks for the adviceā€¦ dr had indicated he wanted updated scans anyway since it had been a few months. I actually had the new scans last night and will go see him in a few weeks. Iā€™m going to see if I can get my hands on them beforehand to share them and see if the group can see things before I see him.

Appreciate all the advice! At least hopeful that I will get some good medical clarification in a few weeks and some options on what I should do.

Hope everyone else is doing well or at least getting some help!

EiB

1 Like

Looking forward to getting a peek at your scans, EiB! Hopefully your insurance will contribute to the cost of the new ones.