Possible VES - questions

Hi & welcome to the site!
If you’ve not already had a look at the Newbies Guide Section it might be worth a read about the common symptoms; here’s a link:
ES Information: Common Symptoms And Possible Explanations For Them - Welcome / Newbies Guide to Eagle Syndrome - Living with Eagle
You will hopefully see that your symptoms are classic of ES- swallowing, lump in the throat, pain in the neck etc. Incidentally, I never had the swallowing/ lump in the throat feelings , but was diagnosed with ES because of neck pain.
There’s info there too about vascular ES; like the pulsatile tinnitus, BP increases when you’re laying on one side. head pressure etc. To check this a CT with contrast is the best scan to have, I don’t know how easy it would be to get one on the NHS or if you could pay privately?
I think ES as a diagnosis would definitely be worth looking in to (technically ES should be diagnosed if you have symptoms which you have, & an elongated styloid, which you also have!)
Mr Jonathan Hughes would be a good surgeon to try to get a referral to again if you can, Mr Axon at Addenbrooks is also experienced but very hard to get to see & seems to be restricted as to what surgeries he can do at the moment.
@PatientD has had 2 surgeries with Mr Hughes, so you can have a look & read those discussions.
I hope this helps!

2 Likes