SO scared and no docs help

Ronnie, where is Dr Barrow? Sorry if you have already said.

Ronnie said:

Being scared is not a good choice, but taking action is. You should visit another ENT. I had the same ENT for about 7 yrs, told him about my constant pain on the back of my throat, running through my left ear, no lump was palpable but the tenderness was there. I did my own research, that's how I found out about Eagle Syndrome Support Group and here I am. Thanks to all the patients suffering from the same symptoms, and being clearly diagnose with ES, I decided to switch doctors. Found Dr. Barrow, wonderful doctor, went straight to the point. Why? Cause he himself was a patient with ES. Went through surgery with great colleagues of his. Today he's doing great. He said my pain is more due to calcification, he requested my Maxillofacial a copy of my panoramic xray, which showed what he expected. Recently I went through a neck CT, hoping I get the results next week and will be visiting my doctor in two weeks. Depending on how large the calcification is, and the location of it, you could get surgery. Your doctor needs to be more knowledgeable before he goes further. You want to make sure that's your last option, all surgery has their risks, but you won't know for sure until you get a good diagnose and treatment. Trust me, being in pain and not knowing what causes it, is nerve-racking and full of

'What If". I wish you the best, don't panic, don't be scare. Take action, move to another doctor, do your research on your area. Blessings, Ronnie

Dr Barrow is in Cape Coral, Fl. Ronnie he removed 2.8 cm of my styloid and did a great job. It took me a long time to heal and I even went to Weston, Fl for a consult and the doctor there said he did a good job. It seems I still have some ear pain, but it turns out it is being caused by tight shoulder muscles. We are trying to loosen them and that helps, but I am still trying to determine why they are always so tight. It could be a spur in the shoulder or more likely, the discs in my cervical spine that are degenerated.

Ronnie, I hope you get some relief, if not from Dr. Barrow, someone. Last time I saw Dr. Barrow, I was only his second surgery. His first was successful so he says, I am willing to say that mine was successful as well. He will not do external and he probably would not redo a surgery unless he feels like he left too much and can feel it. He really does not like to operate near the carotid, but I had no bleeding and when I woke up, he came to see me with a big smile on his face. The recovery was not easy, I did not start to feel really well until the 11th week, which is what prompted me to get a consult, but I am happy with the result now 1 year and 9 months later. I tried to find someone else in Louisiana where I am originally from and that did not work out. So I decided that Dr Barrow, knew a lot because he researched it before his surgery and I knew he empathized with my pain. I did not find this website until 4 days before my surgery. By then I did not want to wait any longer. Good luck everyone in finding the right doctor.

Lisa good luck with the doctor in Wisconsin.

How are you doing since surgery? I hope better!!! xoxo

julie watson said:

Sweetheart I totaly understand you im the same had this thirteen years first suspected the ten month ago fully diagnosed I have es I have very bad vascular symptoms fast heartbeat miss beats along with the pain and lump in throat vasclar eagles is the most terrifiying thing I often think bad things will happen im still here after all this time I have surgery in ten days im praying it will rid me of these horried symptoms its taken me a long time to get people to understand harder to get a doc who understood the fear I found him at salford royal manchester please keep strong and keep pushing people thought I was mad as it is so very rare and the symptoms are so many I often thought I was going mad and I was terrified I would die im still scared you are not alone I promise you stay strong x x

Glad you're doing better. I hope the weather is good on Jan 2nd for me...its almost 2 hours away. I need answers. xo
emma said:

Dr Barrow is in Cape Coral, Fl. Ronnie he removed 2.8 cm of my styloid and did a great job. It took me a long time to heal and I even went to Weston, Fl for a consult and the doctor there said he did a good job. It seems I still have some ear pain, but it turns out it is being caused by tight shoulder muscles. We are trying to loosen them and that helps, but I am still trying to determine why they are always so tight. It could be a spur in the shoulder or more likely, the discs in my cervical spine that are degenerated.

Ronnie, I hope you get some relief, if not from Dr. Barrow, someone. Last time I saw Dr. Barrow, I was only his second surgery. His first was successful so he says, I am willing to say that mine was successful as well. He will not do external and he probably would not redo a surgery unless he feels like he left too much and can feel it. He really does not like to operate near the carotid, but I had no bleeding and when I woke up, he came to see me with a big smile on his face. The recovery was not easy, I did not start to feel really well until the 11th week, which is what prompted me to get a consult, but I am happy with the result now 1 year and 9 months later. I tried to find someone else in Louisiana where I am originally from and that did not work out. So I decided that Dr Barrow, knew a lot because he researched it before his surgery and I knew he empathized with my pain. I did not find this website until 4 days before my surgery. By then I did not want to wait any longer. Good luck everyone in finding the right doctor.

Lisa good luck with the doctor in Wisconsin.