Styloidectomy or venoplasty first

I totally agree with Isaiah; I had bilateral jugular compression by the styloid processes, & had surgery for that which helped the jugular veins reopen. They haven’t totally sprung back, & I was told by Mr Axon who did the surgery that stenting would be possible to fully reopen them. However, he didn’t advise this as he said the stents could sometimes cause pain, & couldn’t be removed once in. I didn’t feel that it was needed either, I feel tons better than I did. So I don’t know with the venoplasty that’s been suggested for you if it’s the same procedure as I would’ve been offered or not? There could be risks/ side effects from this, & as Isaiah says, it wouldn’t cure the problem either.
There have been discussions about this before; I found one where a US member had successful stenting rather than a styloidectomy, here’s the link:

He’s not been on the site for a bit but you could try messaging him to see how things are doing?
There have also been a few people who’ve had cervical processes shortened I think, or at least been diagnosed with ES & this, here’s a couple of discussions & a the first one has a research link:

They might be a little helpful!

1 Like