Thoughts while I wait…

Thank you for your kind words, Tjmhawk. :heart:
It’s being able to help our members & knowing our efforts pay off that makes moderating worthwhile. :hugs:

Tjm,
I found this blog to do the very same for me. Once I had a doctor mentioned Eagles to me, I quickly found this site. I had a CT scan within 30 days which I immediately sent off to Dr. Samji and had a call back I was accepted as a patient in less than 3 weeks. This site has been a godsend to me.

So strange that we have tears of joy for the answers and to actually look forward to neck surgery. Not many people understand what it is like to actually wait for surgery and how it cant happen soon enough. To be so desperate to be out of pain. My ES surgeries were a walk in the park compared to the extreme pain I was living with. SO glad you are on the right track now. Now we are all here to help you prep for pre and post surgery. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you, Snapple :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wouldn’t have got the help I had if it wasn’t for this forum, nor ever found a surgeon either! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I am also in this camp, except I got diagnosed & found a surgeon, just not the right one. Enter this site, & voíla! I was set for success in beating ES!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Welp. I followed up with Dr. Omlie’s office (it’s been 4 weeks since my appt). They’re still trying to coordinate a date with the oral surgeon and due to many variables, it’s a struggle. She said they’re trying for January but may be more like Feb/March. :confused: She hopes to have a date in the next few weeks.

I know it’s not their fault. I just want all this behind me. And I simply don’t have the energy to try and locate/visit with/get diagnosed from another surgeon who’s experienced with this.

I think you’re wise to stay with Dr. Omlie. You have a good working relationship with him, & we know he’s a good surgeon. I’m sorry for the wait & am a bit surprised that things are moving along so slowly, but as we keep hearing, “these are unprecedented times”. That has sure made things, especially in the medical world, move along at a much slower pace than we were used to in the US.

We are here for you if you need to release frustration over symptoms or just need “a shoulder to cry on”. Wish I could offer you more. I will pray that things will come together for your surgery in January.

:hugs:

Isaiah, thank you. Sometimes to have another chime in and validate your feelings certainly helps keep the compass calibrated :blush:. You’re appreciated!!

1 Like

That’s really frustrating for you, but it will be worth the wait! As Isaiah says, it’s difficult times for health care- still a very short wait by UK standards, but then we don’t have to pay for it! I hope that it is quicker than they think, it might be worth asking about a cancellation list, but if there’s 2 surgeons involved that might not be possible…thinking of you.

2 Likes