Update - OMG

OMG, it feels everything is happening so fast. I have now got a referral app for 26/6/19. I only went to an emergency doctor’s appointment on Friday and 3 days later my referral app has been booked already. Wow, I didn’t expect to hear anything for months. To say I am shocked at the speed of things is an understatement.

That is FANTASTIC NEWS, xAngelx35! So glad you’re seeing forward progress. Hopefully surgery can follow not to long after your office appointment!

Thank you for letting us know!!

1 Like

That’s great, very efficient NHS!

1 Like

Hi Jules, yeah I know. When I first started having symptoms it took about 7 months to see someone, then it took 2 years trying to fight my way to get 2nd opinion. Then gave up for a number of years. Now it just kinda happening a lot quicker. It sounds a bit funny, but it is as though someone has put in a good word for me or something. Never known NHS to act this quick.

2 Likes

That’s great! Is it just me or does it seem from reading on this group that a lot of people are getting help now and there’s a lot more success stories?! Maybe Eagle Syndrome is beginning to be more knowledgeable to surgeons now, thanks to this group.

3 Likes

Strength in numbers :muscle:

1 Like

July123,

I think we’re seeing more success stories in part because people on here are educating the doctors who are willing to listen and also because we on this forum have become better educated about ES & are able to give more useful feedback to people who are struggling trying to get diagnosed or who are recovering from surgery or who are somewhere in between.

1 Like

SewMomma -
YES! So true! One day perhaps ES won’t be such a mystery to so many doctors!

1 Like

Yay, get the word out!

1 Like

As of this morning I learned that my appointment with Mr Axon was cancelled for the 26 June. The lady I spoke to to rearrange my appointment spoke to Mr Axon about a new appointment and I am now seeing Mr Axon on May 31st. A month earlier than first planned.

2 Likes

Catch a break!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

THAT’S AMAZING! When I started reading your post, I thought the follow-up to the cancellation would be that you’ve been shoved farther out on the calendar. Hooray for being moved up!!!

:raised_hands: :clap: :+1:

1 Like

Yippee!!! That’s a turn up!

1 Like

Haleluyah! That’s what happened with me…Seventeen years of never having a proper diagnosis. Then, I get a referral from my gynecologist, I go to OU Physicians, they take the referral and get the ES diagnosis! It took about 3 months to get diagnosed once Dr. Krempl saw what it was. A week later, his colleague, Dr. Runkle does the surgery. God was ordering my steps. I am fine now, no symptoms or pain.

1 Like

Oh wow, that is great news :). It is so good to hear successful outcomes on this forum and I am happy for everyone who has had surgery and recovering well. This gives me hope that I am doing the right thing and hopefully my surgery whenever it is gonna be will be a success too. I have suffered with this now for about 11 years and that is enough for me. I am calling my styloid process “big bird”. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

1 Like