1 year post op left styloidectomy and still in pain

I’m going to ask about the MR Neurography. Of course, they’re not always so open to suggestions…
The additional CTV and another CT scan yesterday showed nothing…

I wonder if the doc in PA would do a virtual visit, since I have quite a few scans, CT and MRI. I’m not looking for surgery since it was already taken out, bu maybe he would see something else.
The other side is not nearly as long as the one that was removed.

I wonder about the scar tissue. Dr. Delacure told me he did not cut thru anything but my skin to get at the styloid. That’s why the recovery was so easy. I fear doing that process again with another doc who does cut thru other things.

Deezy,

Have you gotten your operative report from your surgery? You would request it from the hospital or surgery center where the surgery was done. It will in great detail outline what they cut thru. Often they cut thru small lymph nodes and remove them. Any surgery site can develop scar tissue.

As for nerve compression, you would have to seek out a doctor who actually uses the MR Neurography as a tool. Likely a neurosurgeon. You may want to find out where one is offered in your state. Call their radiology department and ask them for doctors names that order them? Just a thought.

I just tried to get my hand surgeon to order one and it was a no go. He has never ordered one, doesn’t use them in his practice and doesn’t know how to read the scans. It’s a specialized field.

1 Like

CCI = craniocervical instability. It can often be a comorbidity to ES. I am being evaluated for it. I have had one styloid removed without any relief from my symptoms either. You will need an upright MRI or a dynamic motion x-ray (DMX). I hope this helps!

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear you still haven’t gotten relief, Eagle1. I hope you’ve kept that May surgery date & are still considering getting the other styloid removed. It may make all the difference for you. I will continue to pray for you to get answers. :gift_heart:

deezy - Dr. Cognetti does virtual visits. You should have no problem booking a consult w/ him.