A Chat with Dr. We may have an answer

I’m glad that the surgery is done, & hope that you soon recover! I’m sure you’ll see the difference soon when the swelling goes down. Make sure you take it easy & don’t rush recovery.
Praying for you, Jules :hugs: :bouquet:

1 Like

So happy to hear it went well and that the pain is manageable. When is the follow-up appointment?

Jg77, today the pain was bad. Unfortunately I do not have many options wen it comes to pain meds bc of my stomach. I may call his office tomorrow if I am still having trouble with the mucus and pain. I thought I’d just be able to sleep but have gotten very little. I believe my follow up is Thur.

That’s rough, I hope that things settle down quickly for you & you find a pain killer that you can tolerate… thinking of you & sending you a hug :hugs:

1 Like

Agirl,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re struggling with the pain and stuffy throat. Was your procedure external or intraoral? Were you treated as an out patient or did that keep you at hospital? There has to be something you can take for pain…or maybe a sleep aid like Tylenol PM? Can you take a decongestant to dry out your throat? I really hope you feel better soon and happy to hear that the surgery was indeed needed.

1 Like

Any better? Are you still in Philly?

I made it back home. I am slowly getting better. Still really tired and a lot of pain. To Answer your questions from before: My surgery was external. I was treated as outpatient and went home in a few hours. I hope I am not discouraging you in any way. Know that everyone has different outcomes and recovery times and I am probably not the best example of recovery as I am typically that person that takes longer to recover from things and usually if there is a complication I will have it. My mom always told me I was an alien because my body always responded to medicine and injury different than others. Also I am a singer and that makes me extremely aware of the vocal chord area. I have always thought singers experience pain differently in the neck area because they are so aware of their instrument.

I’m happy to hear you’re slowly getting better. I have my telemedicine appointment this afternoon. You’re not discouraging me at all, but thank you for the concern. So - if it’s an outpatient procedure, you’re able to go home the same day (even if you’re from out of town?) Who do you follow up?

I’m a bit late coming into this thread but want to suggest you try elevating your head, neck & shoulders when you sleep if you aren’t doing that. I used a wedge pillow (from Bed Bath & Beyond but other places sell them) & stacked up extra bed pillows on it so I was nearly sitting up in bed. It made a huge difference in my throat & neck swelling post op (i.e. if I tried to sleep flat the swelling & pain were much worse). I had to sleep more upright for a month to 6 weeks post op. Glad to hear you’re starting to feel better.