CBD and pain relief?

Mr Currie wrote to me personally and was surprised that his name was ever in the forum as he has done few of these ops and said he was by no means an expert in this type of surgery. I have also spoken with the best neurosurgeon in the area, who is also reluctant to intervene with this, I guess only Mr Hughes in London is the only name that comes up who is prepared to try this in the UK.

Prof. Sherif Sultan in Ireland also does these surgeries.

Thank you for the suggestions, I hope all on the forum find help or at least pain relief. It helps to know I am not alone. I hope with the advances in robotic surgery that in the next few years more complicated issues in delicate areas may be more successful. Worth watching for those in UK, BBC2 program called Geordie Hospital, last nights episode showed how extremely complicated operating in this area, with an op on carotoid artery oatient due to narrowing of artery, makes you realise how many major structures supplying the brain, speech, larynx, nerves, sight, lie in this area. These surgeons are miracle workers to even attempt to intervene. I can see why they are reluctant and every patients case is individual. Thinking of you all out there in the world, never head of Eagle until it happens to you.

3 Likes

Absolutely. There are quite a few videos on YouTube by the surgeonā€™s operating in that area and Iā€™m in awe every time how confidently they can tell one nerve from another, one blood vessel from another. They donā€™t bear colours like in anatomy charts, and one simple mistake may cost one the ability to speak or swallow for the rest of their life.

2 Likes

We had a note by his name that he does private work as well, I guess he didnā€™t suggest that to you, would probably not be allowed to mention at an NHS appt?!

1 Like