Considering investigating ES further, but is it worth it?

@LG18 - If you’re thinking about getting an MRA, you might also want to consider the problems some people have had from the contrast agent, Gadolinium, used to highlight the vascular tissues. In my opinion, radiation exposure from a CT scan poses much less of a health threat. The dye used for CT contrast is iodine or barium based thus less toxic.

Here is a post from one of our members @Cat who has suffered seriously from Gadolinium exposure:

Cat

Mar '19

Red bird:
Have you had any mris done with gadolinium?! I’ve retained a high level of gadolinium some 9 years post last MRI with gadolinium.
since 2014 when Dr Cognetti removed my thyroid (cancer HRAS Codeon 61) as well as my left styloid, I’ve found out I also have the following conditions:
Ankylosing spondylitis, neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome, and a nerve sheath tumor at C-5-C-6 level as well as a tumor in my throat at the level of thoracic INLET!
In urge anyone who has had even just one MRI with gadolinium to get tested to find out if they have retained gadolinium. Some friends in another support group have also developed all it some of what I have, I think it’s all relative!)
If you need testing info let me know!
Cat
PS:

Gadolinium Toxicity

Gadolinium Toxicity

shedding light on the effects of retained gadolinium from Contrast MRI

I am anonymous patient #3 in both patient studies in above link, I’ve done five chelations so far but ran out of money to travel for treatment. I still have high levels…Cat
In my mind, the risks of radiation from a CT scan (Gadolinium isn’t used for CT contrast, I believe an Iodine based dye is used) is far less significant than what you’d be dealing w/ from an MRA.

3 Likes