Continuation from 2022 beginning with Appt with Hackman

@juliezuber I’m the sole caregiver for my husband who has multiple medical conditions that I advocate and join in all his appointments (his drs ask Mrs “ how are you doing I always smile and say I’m good but on the inside I’m screaming help, but I don’t want to tangle his issues with mine with same drs), with medications, his special diets, and handling household affairs. oh and caring for my 2 little furry boys that brings a world of joy in this 2 member family! During in between times I do as much as I can to help myself. With that being said, Do you think Dr Hepworth would order an ultrasound to be done here in NC? I would be able to travel anywhere if it’s not for a long period of time and hopefully not multiple trips. I’m going to contact MSK Neurology, and Borg and Ide that @Jules mentioned also, to see if they’ll view and discuss my scans, I’m not sure how to begin explaining my situation to either or anyone. This past Monday I asked my GP to order a scan that would be sufficient to learn about my veins and arteries and also my thyroid tongue situation as well, I’m waiting to hear from them but now after gratefully reading @vdm favorite resources on iodine in CT scans, I’m thinking I really need to see a dr more specialized like Dr Hepworth before allowing more CT iodine into my thyroid.

I was thinking about the possibe TOS and came across these images from 2019 thyroid ultrasound. I read it could be Graves Disease or thyroiditis or toxic thyroid or rupture of sorts or is this normal? It’s on other ultrasounds of mine but nothing like these. Do you know if this a normal view in the carotid jugular vein area on color Doppler ultrasounds?
I talked with BCBS health support told them my story and they’re going to be here for me to assist with locating drs and making suggestions if need. It’s not quite what I was hoping for but it feels great to be able to talk with someone and have their support. She suggested I contact a cardiologist then maybe they’d refer me to Vascular Dr. If at all possible I sure would love to have one Dr who knew what’s happening with me and could diagnose and treat themselves , like Hepworth. Each and every suggestion is thoroughly appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

1 Like