Decompression surgery with Costantino

That’s great-so happy things are going well. When you had your imaging done, did they find all of these odd issues on the imaging or when you were in surgery did he find them ? I’m excited for your healing! Hoping and praying for continued milestones and a speedy complete recovery

3 Likes

We saw the artery on the imaging, but the impact on the jugular vein wasn’t as apparent until he got into the surgical field.

4 Likes

@Barrootz - Your styloid looks pretty gnarly, too. Did Dr, C do a styloidectomy or just IJV decompression?

1 Like

Styloid is gone, transverse process shaved, digastric muscle snipped, Fasciotomy and removal of occiptial artery

3 Likes

Cleaned you right up! Nothing left to cause problems. WHEW!! :blush:

5 Likes

So glad that your recovery in these early days is looking so good.

2 Likes

Wow @Barrootz i am So glad to hear your procedure went well and recovery has shown improvement already.
:pray:for a complete healing and a speedy recovery

2 Likes

Thank you so very much. It is fantastic to wake up every day with a clear head and not have any more brain fog. I’m still very sore from the surgery but being able to use my brain again makes it worth it lol.
Cannot say enough good things about Dr. Costantino and his entire staff.

7 Likes

It’s so good to hear you’re continuing to see improvement @Barrootz! Thank you for posting!

1 Like

I made a little quick start tutorial for using Bee viewer to view Dicom files in 3D. I only use Apple/Mac. Hoping it can help some folks.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this tutorial! I’ll have to see if I can figure out how to use it!

2 Likes

Hello, It’s good to read how you have improved after surgery. Why can’t you say more about Dr Costantino? I would like to know more because it is my option to find a date. thank you.

2 Likes

Hi Aleana,
I was waiting until I got my surgical pictures to show everyone before I gave my next update, but I will provide you with some additional information.

Here’s a quick link to some overview information about him.

I have found his entire office to be incredibly helpful. From nurses, to schedulers, to insurance, they have been awesome, kind, compassionate and very accommodating.

Dr. C is a straight shooter, and is very good at explaining things in non medical terms. He’s done a lot of decompressions, and he is incredibly familiar with this area of the body. He worked with Dr. Tobias (Neurosurgeon) on me. I found him to be wonderful as well.
Dr C. Also has a dry /sly sense of humor which I appreciate…and he’s of a similar age to me (early 60s) so I could easily relate to him.

3 Likes

thanks a lot. I appreciate your comments very much. You help me a lot to call them. and the wound as it was. Was it extraoral? Does it make you on both sides?

My compression was just one side.
He removed the styloid process, shaved the transverse process, clipped digastric muscle, performed fasciotomy, and removed an artery that was twisted around the jugular vein.

4 Likes

It seems that your surgery has been a success!!!
How do you feel? Do you travel from far away? In which hospital were you treated? Sorry for all the questions. I already called them in New York. I’m waiting for them to send me everything by mail. Thank you. Lots of good things for you!!!

3 Likes

One more question, why did they have to do all that? Did you have digestive problems so that they touched the digastric muscle? Could you explain me a little more about your symptoms?

1 Like

Digastric Muscle is a muscle that runs under the chin and is known to cause compression.

1 Like

Dr. Costantino performed the surgery in Stamford Hospital located in Stamford, Connecticut.
I only live an hour from there.
I am healing well and feeling better than I have in years.
My symptoms included:Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea, along with tinnitus, visual changes, headaches, etc… I created a youtube channel to share my story and what I’ve learned. Perhaps you will find it helpful. https://youtu.be/RuhNLmdKmtQ?si=wN4IHgo6Z5imoggw

3 Likes

What a fantastic outcome, and so close to the surgery date as well. I hope things continue on this upward trajectory as you recover/heal from the surgery.

3 Likes