Decreased blood circulatuion!

Does anyone experience decreased blood circulation to the hands due to eagle's ? This is something I have been experiencing for a while and wondering if this is possible !!

I have not. Google Raynauds Syndrome and see if that is what you are feeling?

thanks for the reply Ivy !

I have been watching a strange sensation in my hand on the side where I have a longer styloid…it feels kind if numb…not sure that there are any circulation problems but I believe I have Raynauds, so my hand are always cold and can change colors from whitish, to red to bluish. Interesting question. I thought my issue might be related to carpal tunnel…

Could be Raynauds Disease which is totally unrelated to ES. Check out this link -

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/raynauds-disease/basics/definition/con-20022916

It's more common in women than men & usual onset in in your 30s or later. It can affect both hands & feet. I've had it for years. Very annoying but not life threatening.

Isaiah 40:31

Could be Raynauds but after I checked the above link I noticed they talk about cold hands and I don't experience that ! so perhaps it could be explained by the styloids pressing on the arteries !! (vascular eagles)

I think that the symptoms you get sound like vascular ES; hope you get some answers with your next apt! Have you had a CT scan with contrast? Mr Axon's requested that for me to see what's going on.

Yes it sounds like vascular ES indeed !! I had a CT scan with contrast (not a CT angiogram) but I don't think they look at my blood vessels and arteries !! I'm going to mention this symptom to Mr. Axon on my next appointment !!

hello, Well, I have Reynauds, and have since childhood. This is the first year that I have gone thru cold weather without having serious problems. I can even handle cold items to a certain point, before I had to have gloves on. I also do not have the numbness or tingling in my arms and hands like before. Even my feet are good. No more blue or white toes or feet like clumps just by living in a cold climate. My nose and ears don't turn white.

Now, this is not say I run around carelessly, exposing myself, but I have stopped being almost obsessive about bundling up.

had both my stylohyoids removed last spring and fall. It was almost instantly that I notice a change. I had to go to Seattle for the surgeries; part of the time by shuttle, bus or I drove (I had help at the time of the surgeries). Before I had the surgery, I had problems in the Seattle climate. Now, I don't. Period.

I have mentioned this to my drs., who of course just go hmm. But, I have my final follow up soon and I will again tell them this, as it has been several months and winter ones at that.

I also think I can handle the heat better; I will watch that this summer.

Perhaps it is not directly a cause and effect, but it certainly is a result.

Ladygw...you are very fortunate that the styloid removal resolved your issue! I live in a cold climate and am wondering if my painful ears and neck are related to the ES. I also have a mild course of Multiple Sclerosis. I'm really hoping that ES surgery may take care of some of my "off balance" feeling! I will only know after I have it done! I have chosen to go and see Dr Slavin in Chicago. I am waiting to hear about an appointment time and date. He is a nuero-surgeon so I'm hoping to talk to him about my MS issues as well.

Do that, everything should be checked out, even tho most drs. are reluctant to do so. When you thing of everything that is packed into our necks and heads, it is amazing anything ever works, period.. Good luck.

I have a suspicion that styloid removal will help with a lot of things I just chalked up to Multiple Sclerosis!

Ladygw said:

Do that, everything should be checked out, even tho most drs. are reluctant to do so. When you thing of everything that is packed into our necks and heads, it is amazing anything ever works, period.. Good luck.

I get Reynaud's symptoms even when I'm warm. They often appear several hours after I've done a vigorous exercise workout. I think Reynaud's response occurs more frequently when the weather is cold or your fingers & toes get cold but as I said above, that's not always true.

Isaiah 40:31

tiagito78 said:

Could be Raynauds but after I checked the above link I noticed they talk about cold hands and I don't experience that ! so perhaps it could be explained by the styloids pressing on the arteries !! (vascular eagles)

No they are separate symptoms.

Symptoms similar to Reynauds can be experienced; I had them with serious stress and certain physical activities. That is not to say they are any less disturbing, just not the same kind of pain.

When I was at the end of my rope I did get bed bound from the agonizing pain. I had poor circulation and numbness did occur. My peripheral circulation is bad but I do not relate it to Reynauds. I am a frequent exerciser and this helps my circulation and pain post styloidectomy.