Dr Costantino

Hi everyone! I was just wondering if any patients of Dr Costantino could give me some insight on how your first consult went with him. I have my appointment next week (can’t come soon enough) and was wondering what to expect. Is he good about reviewing all your information beforehand?

1 Like

Hopefully those who’ve seen Dr C can give you some info, otherwise it’s worth using the search function to look up some of the past discussions. Here’s one to start off with, you could always send a private message to any members as well:
Which Doctor Would Everyone Recommend? - General - Living with Eagle
There have been a few members who’ve had trouble with his office, staffing issues & cancelled appointments, but that seems to be resolved now.
Good luck with your appointment!

2 Likes

Not really. I have found like most Drs, they review everything right before or during appointment.

2 Likes

@Alynncole10 - As @Brandy noted, Dr. C doesn’t seem to come to his appts or video consults well informed about the patient’s situation so be prepared w/ a summary of your symptoms, scan results, & questions. It’s best not to “pour out your heart” listing every symptom & complaint as that often causes a doctor to shut down & stop listening. Try to keep your symptoms list to a few things that bother you the most & let him talk about why he thinks he can or cannot be helpful to you. If he doesn’t feel like he can help based on the scan info you’ve provided, ask him if there are other scans he could refer you for that would show what’s causing your symptoms more definitively.

4 Likes

Ok thanks! Just want to be as prepared as possible

1 Like

Thank you for the info! The anxiety in me was definitely ready to pour my heart out but I will come up with a more focused list based on your recommendation!

2 Likes

@Alynncole10 - How did your appointment w/ Dr. Costantino go? I hope he was helpful.

It went great! I finally got the answers I was looking for. I have Eagles with vascular compression of the jugular on both sides. My C1 is also pushed forward contributing to the compression. He was shocked the radiologist never reported the compression because it was so obvious. He is sending me for a venogram and wants to get the exact measurements of the styloids then we will begin the process of scheduling surgery. I am so thankful for this group and the one on Facebook because without them I would have never found this doctor or had the confidence to continue advocating for myself :heart:

3 Likes

That’s super news, @Alynncole10, and a giant step in the right direction toward getting the surgery you need for resolution of your symptoms. :blush:

1 Like

So pleased that you have the confirmation! I hope that you don’t have to wait too long for the testing & surgery, keep us posted :+1:

1 Like

Amazing! Congrats on finally getting answers!

Q: How long did you have to wait to have your 1st consult with Dr. C? I’m in a similar boat and I think he’s my best option for C1 shaving.

3 Likes

I definitely have c1 issues which was one of the reasons I chose him! But I had to wait exactly a month for the consult. If you need surgery he’s booking about 2 months out for that.

3 Likes

That’s great that you only have to wait 2 months. I hope it helps you.

1 Like