Dr. Samji regrowth vs. shortened styloid

This is great information ESinLV! This is nice to know 1.5-1.7 is considered “To the skull base” by Dr. Samji’s standards. This is the first time I have heard this one and may conflict with others personal experience surrounding this issue. Perhaps this should be clarified and spelled out in operative reports so there is no confusion about what remains (dimensions) and what is taken out at time of surgery.
A patient handout “about the surgery” could be created to inform patients as well. Sometimes patients need to have something in writing after pre and post op appointments for review. Patients forget all the details at appointments some times and need written record. Everyone has different learning styles ie: verbal, visual, written.

My original point was to make sure you ask detailed questions about your surgery before so you are well-informed about the details of the procedure. I also think it’s the surgeons responsibility to communicate fully and take the time to do so with each individual patient. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always happen in busy medical practices.

2 Likes