Dr. Teresa Chan-Leveno surgery 7/5/22 and background

Well, I had my surgery in mid-January as planned. The surgery went well, and it greatly improved my quality of life. She removed approximately 5 cm on the right side. At 18 days post-surgery not all symptoms have completely gone away, but ALL symptoms have greatly improved. My symptoms have diminished to the point I see no need to take pain relievers to get through the day or get sleep at night. I have had the best sleep I have had in a long time. Like others have posted, I expect there will be more improvements over the long term as all the healing continues. I have scheduled to have the Dr. Chan remove the left side later in the year.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update! I’m so glad you’ve gotten such good results already! Please keep us updated as your recovery continues. With bilateral ES, often as the first operated side heals, the remaining styloid styloid becomes more symptomatic but in some cases it doesn’t seem to cause symptoms at all. If that’s the case for you, I highly recommend you leave it alone until it is symptomatic. No need to go through a surgery that’s not really necessary.

So pleased that the surgery went well & you’ve seen improvements in symptoms already! Happy healing!

1 Like

I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

1 Like