Eagle Syndrome and POTS

I was just wondering if anyone else also has a diagnosis of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS). I'm having a tough time determining what is causing my symptoms, pots or eagle, but am leaning more towards eagle. I'm having trouble swallowing and pain in my neck. My current treatment for Eagle is steroid injections in the jaw (TMJ) and neck. Has anyone with a dual diagnosis been successful with surgery? Other treatment suggestions would be much appreciated. When I was diagnosed with Eagle Syndrome I was not symptomatic, except for pain which I attributed to TMJ. It was an additional finding during a scan for head injury.

Tink, another member- krista3- is having trouble with POTS, and has had surgery for ES recently. She posted a discussion a little while ago to see if anyone else has both of these, so you could look through past discussions, or message krista. Thinking of you- it sounds grim.

Thanks so much! I will try contacting her and also try to find the post. It's definitely not fun :-/, just tough cause my main POTS doctors don't even acknowledge that I have ES.

Jules said:

Tink, another member- krista3- is having trouble with POTS, and has had surgery for ES recently. She posted a discussion a little while ago to see if anyone else has both of these, so you could look through past discussions, or message krista. Thinking of you- it sounds grim.

Hi Tink, I self diagnosed my Eagles Syndrome back in October of 2014 after a long time of misdiagnosis and dismissals from multiple doctors. I had surgery on my most problematic (left) side in December of 2014. I have continued to gave issues and went on another hunt to find the correct diagnosis. Finally a few months ago I was diagnosed with POTS. This is still fairly new to me. Iā€™m trying different things for treatment and go to a Dysautonomia Clinic on the 26th. Trying to figure out which symptoms are from ES or POTS is my struggle too.

1 Like