Facial symptoms!

ABSOLUTELY!!! Welcome to my world. I live with tingling, sensitivity, and constant dull pain on left side of head and face with random sharp stabbing pains in ear and face. I have MANY of the other symptoms too that others on this site have but by far my main complaint is stabbing head and face pain-- called trigeminal neuralgia and nicknamed “suicide disease”. Enough said!

Hi Tiafito78,

I can identify with the throat pains you are describing. I just excepted your friendship request. So please write to me off the wall, for now.

Two reasons why they only do surgery on one side if external approach. Swelling. Better to leave one side unaffected. The other is turning the head and neck during surgery. It would put a lot of stress on the fresh wound on the other side.

Trooper. Where did you have your surgery? I’m scheduled to have the second one out in April with Dr Samji in Ca.

ABSOLUTELY!! Sometimes my SKIN hurts so bad around my left ear, eye, and side of head that I want to peel my skin off! I have had days that it hurts to brush my hair and teeth! ALL of that is innervated by the trigeminal nerve. Welcome to the world of trigeminal neuralgia!

~~ Has anyone had any success determining why some days are so much worse than others? ie: weather; levels of stress; hormones; sleep/lack of; ==== Yet there are days when "all conditions are favorable" and I hurt so bad I want to jump out the window.

Hopeful

Wadams is the trigeminal neuralgia likely to go away with ES surgery ?

I had the left styloid out on 11/25/2013. I have had sometime to recover and my left is not hurting me like my right side. It’s unbelievable how much pain I was feeling on my left side. Cause I can now compare my right to the left side. My right styloid is getting removed in march.
Even my gums feel relaxed on my left vs right. ES causes so many symptoms.

I had glossopharyngeal neuralgia that was cured with Eagles surgery.

tiagito78,

I have not yet had surgery, but apparently many people have found relief from it. I would have to say that the amount of recovery probably depends on the amount of nerve damage. I have also noticed from reading post-ops that recovery is not fast -- may take many months to a year or more. Good luck!

I had both glossopharyngeal and trigeminal neuralgia by ES. Very bad ones. It was cured with intra oral surgery on both sides. Now 4 months after surgery I still suffer from nerve damage but never as crazy as before surgery. Surgeons told me that improvements can be seen within 12 months after surgery. I really hope you will find relief too!