First contact from Brazil

Praying that the pain gets under control…thinking of you, it is a lot all at once, but no more ops to face now.

What a photo! Isn’t it wonderful to know they are OUT?!! It does hurt - the tenderness, soreness, swelling. I hope you don’t have to do too much work or anything like that these next couple weeks. :slight_smile:

Hi Swimmer,

Thank you for the picture. Those styloids are pretty spectacular! I bet even w/ the post op pain you’re already glad they’re gone! Keep with the pain medication routine & ICE as long as you have pain. Let your family/friends wait on you & take care of you. This will hurry your healing.

Praying your pain goes away soon & you can appreciate the good changes that are happening now your styloids are out!

:sunflower:

Hi Swimmer,
I am 10 days post op from left side external removal. I am managing the pain with ice packs and over the counter meds - nothing stronger.

This support group is a wonderful, supportive resource for post op questions and emotional support.

Doing both sides at once is a longer recovery, but you are young and strong and will be up and about before you know it.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Peace,
BG

1 Like

Hi!
First, I want to thank you all Isaiah, Jules, Catmd, JustBreathe, Hadassa, Auroraborealis, BrooklynGirl and SewMomma for all your support.
The kindly words helped to keep me calm and hopeful. I also want to thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts.
Really sorry for my delayed reply. It was a hard week.
The day after the procedure was a nightmare the dizziness worsened, and the swelling was very intense. The pain started to subside when the nurse removed the drain.
I was discharged from hospital last Saturday and be able to take a small rest only on Sunday because I had to come back to work on Monday. I own a small business which depends on me, so I had no choice but work.
Work on Monday was a very hard thing and I still don´t know how I was able to handle it.
The swelling is improving day after day and right now I feel only a little pain on my neck.
The symptoms improved a lot. The thing stuck in the throat is gone. I don´t feel the heart beating inside my head anymore. The temporal pressure reduced but it´s still there. The orofacial pain and the jaw pain improved. The brainfog and brainlock are also improving.
Unfortunately, the dizziness still here and I now felling a very strong pain inside my ear. The doctor said that´s normal because the surgical trauma was big and the pain in the ear will improve in 30 days, but the dizziness may take longer.
I also feeling a strange thing every time I eat, and I think it can be the “first bite”. When I put food in my mouth, I feels like an electric shock at followed by pain which subsides in 10 seconds. It also happens when I brush my teeth.
I will do my best to keep posting my progress to help others and I will also reply if someone PM me requesting help or any information.
Thank you very much!

1 Like

Gosh, I feel for you having to go back to work so quickly, but sounds like you’re coping with it amazingly well!
It does sound like first bite you’re experiencing; very common after this surgery. Hopefully it will lessen with time.
I’d also be reassured by your doctor about the ear pain- with this surgery nerves have to be carefully moved out the way so can get irritated, & again this should settle with time. Post surgery I have had a weird sensation on the outside of my ears- not really painful but a very uncomfortable sort of shock whenever something makes me jump; it has taken a long time to go though, so if yours doesn’t improve in a month as your doc says I wouldn’t panic, it can take up to a year for nerves to settle.
I guess the dizziness could be down to nerve irritation, swelling or vascular issues taking time to settle- I’d hope that will improve soon for you, but as your doctor’s not worried hopefully you’ll be reassured by that!
Take it as easy as you can, thanks for the update & will keep praying for your healing!

Hi and thank you for taking the time to share your continued story with us. I understand the increased demands of owning a small business and hope you have a strong base to give you a little rest here and there. Your recovery sounds much like others on this platform which gives great hope for returning to all you love and being fully healed in time. I will continue to send you all there is that is good, be well and best of luck with your business!

1 Like

Wishin you a speedy and full recovery.

Hi swimmer

I am brazillian too. Where did you have surgery? Who was the doctor? I have been recently diagnosed and looking for the best surgeon possible here in Brazil. Thank you!

Oi Tatianac,

Bom dia!

Meu nome é Leonardo.

Eu fui operado pelo Dr. Romualdo Tiago.

Ele é bastante experiente e vale muito a pena marcar uma consulta com ele.

Se tiver qualquer dúvida, ficque a vontade para entrar em contato.

Abraço,

Léo

Que bom que vc respondeu! Como vc esta da operaçao? Eu sou do rj. E vc?
Desculpa perguntar, mas como sabe que dr Romualdo é experiente?
Ja ouviu falar do dr Gustavo Nogueira de Curitiba. Me falaram que ele é bom mas mais habilidoso intraoral e ele quer fazer extraoral em mim. Então, to insegura.

Me liga após as 18