Got my ENT appointment coming up

I’m a link in the prayer chain for you as you attend your appointment tomorrow (today for you - big time difference between UK & US!).

1 Like

Thank you so much, I appreciate that.

Ok I think I am ready

I got this

1 Like

Yes you do! Let us know how it went! :blush:

The ENT surgeon was receptive and listened to what I had to say. He is sending me for the CT and has said he is willing to take the risk of being wrong, but that I put forward a good case for vascular ES. Thank you all for your support x

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update, Adele! Now we’ll pray your CT scan clearly shows the vascular compression or whatever is causing your symptoms so the ENT can help you move forward toward recovery!

:bouquet:

1 Like

Well done you! Hope you don’t have to wait too long!

1 Like

I thought I would come and update you all. I’ve been patiently waiting for appointments and my consultant to have his holiday. I’ve had the CT he requested and my follow up appointment is on Tuesday next week. I’ve visited A&E once in that time, I had really bad constant throbbing, stabbing, blinding nerve pain in my head I genuinely thought my time was up. The A&E Doctor was lovely, he went off and looked at my CT and came back to say he couldn’t go in depth, but he could tell me what I was feeling was definitely nerve pain and doubled my nightly dose of opiate and nerve tablets. I am a human version of that marshmallow man off of Ghostbusters but I am just about hanging in there, which incidentally is what I had to do with my head last night. My headache was so bad the only position that gave slight relief was hanging my head backwards off the edge of my bed.

I’m at my wits end. My body appears to be attacking itself (I have this rash that looks a bit between eczema and ringworm, it burns and itches and isn’t responding to steroid cream) I still believe they’ve missed something. Alongside my Eagles I have endometriosis which was diagnosed some 7 years ago, removed via laparoscopy and then no follow up or treatment was given until March of this year. The pain I’ve experienced before and since has been given a blanket diagnosis of fibromyalgia or IBS. Just last week they discovered (via the first pelvic ultrasound I have been offered in many many years and had to fight for) I have multiple adhesions where everything is stuck to everything else.

So yes, I’m the most patient furious patient ever.

I’ll update again after Tuesday. Thank you again for being here, I wouldn’t even have the appointment next week without you x

WOW, Adele! You poor thing! You do have a lot going on all at once. I’m glad you’re fighting for yourself & finally getting things taken care of that should have been addressed long ago. Too bad the ball was dropped after your endometriosis surgery & the follow-up was neglected. It might have saved you some problems now. Having ES surgery may help take care of some of your gastrointestinal symptoms. They are not uncommon w/ ES.

We will await the details of your appointment next Tues. w/ “baited breath”! Thank you for updating.

1 Like

So sorry that there’s so much going on & unexplained for you, it sounds really tough…I’m glad that the A&E doctor was so helpful at least, gives you a little hope!
Maybe after the ES treatment a complaint about the endometriosis might be needed?
Hope that the appt goes well next Tuesday!

1 Like

oh my goodness. I will be praying they will listen to you