Hyoid Bone and ES

I’m so sorry, I’m not techy so can’t help w/ the CT disc issues. It sounds like you can’t see the images or get them to load onto your computer. Some medical software used for the CTs does make it a challenge to upload the images to our computers. In my case, the diagnosing ENT had the radiologist include four 3D images. He put them up on a screen in the exam room where we met, & I took pictures of them & put them on my computer from my phone. That’s all the info I have from my CT. I hope someone else from this forum can be more helpful. If you are able to download the images & want to make slices into 3D - here’s the link for doing so: Making Your Own 3D Images from CT Scan- 3D Slicer Tutorial

As far as getting both sides done at once, that’s a bigger deal. Most surgeons won’t do both at once but require two separate surgeries. This is because the post op throat swelling can be dangerously severe. We’ve recently had several members who have had successful external or intraoral bilateral surgery, but the recovery is very painful & can take awhile longer for good results to appear. On the other hand, w/ separate surgeries, you do go through recovery twice. If your surgeon is willing to do one at a time, then do it that way. My second surgery was much easier to recover from than my first, but that is also not universally the case. I’m glad, though, that I didn’t get both out at once.