I made my scan 3d tell me you think

Feel free to start another thread if you want to post about your journey @jschronce- really pleased for you that you have a date for surgery & that it’s not too long to wait! Will pray for a good outcome for you :pray:

@jschronce :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: Your surgery date is coming up soon! We look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it post op & are, of course, here for you should you have pre-op questions. :hugs:

2 Likes

How did you do this??!?! I would like to have all my recent scans converted to this. Not sure I believe the radiologists that have read my CT scans. Please advise. Thank you.

@vdm just posted info in this thread:

Hope this helps. Dr. Osborne doesn’t take insurance its all out of network. He offered surgery, but its 20k and possibly 32k. He agreed with the 2nd report was more accurate about the lengths and not the original. Some of these reports only measure in the coronal view and not the MPR ( multi planer view) which is more accurate. I’m looking to make a appointment with Dr. Samji (does take insurance), but he only accepts original reports and non contrast ct scans which i dont have and my orignal report it bogus according to me and Dr osborne. So much bullshit with this condition.

1 Like

@Cazmagic,

Thank you for the scoop about Dr. Osborne. It’s a shame he doesn’t take insurance & then has such astronomical fees for his service. Dr. Cognetti is also a great choice, & he does take insurance, and his cash price for those who are uninsured is only about $4k which includes anesthesia & outpatient surgery center.

Dr. Samji did both of my ES surgeries (2014/15) & I’ve had excellent results, however, we’ve had some members who haven’t had such great outcomes after his surgeries & some have found in follow-up CT scans that he didn’t remove as much styloid as he claimed to. Because of my experience w/ him, I highly recommend him, but if you choose to have surgery w/ him, make sure you get to actually see your styloid post op so you can see how much was removed. He will not take pics for you, & he doesn’t do the nice image w/ the styloid lying against a ruler. You have to ask one of the surgery center nurses to please retrieve it so you can get a look before it gets sent off to the lab for testing.

He is an excellent surgeon & knows what he’s doing so it’s hard to explain why the inconsistencies in surgical outcomes. I recently had a CT scan because of some recurrent ES type symptoms, but my styloids look to be non-existent so this problem is coming from elsewhere. Based on that info, he did great by me.

I know you said you’ve tried contacting a couple of the ES docs in your state but got no response back. If you weren’t persistent in calling, you might want to continue that route as well to save your self the time & cost of traveling. Many of our members have had trouble getting in contact w/ doctors offices recently because everyone seems to be short staffed after the COVID shut down.

Here are 3 who have been highly recommended by our members:

•Dr Rui Fernandes, University of Florida and Shands Hospital, 653-1 8th St W, Jacksonville, (904) 383-1018, https://hscj.ufl.edu
•Dr. Anthony Bunnell, UF, 653 W. 8th St., Jacksonville FL, (904) 244-3216 https://ufhealthjax.org/doctors/3099/anthony-bunnell/
•Dr. Phillip Pirgousis, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Rd S, Jacksonville, FL, (904) 953-2000

1 Like