Incredible dizziness

Has anyone experienced severe dizziness with ES? Any suggestions for symptom relief?
I have been taking Meclizine 25mgs with little relief and major drowsiness.
Any other suggestions?

Severe dizziness w/ ES is usually a sign of some type of vascular compression i.e. either internal carotid artery - which on rare occasions can lead to a stroke or internal jugular vein which keeps blood from flowing out of the brain at the rate it needs to & leads to intracranial hypertension (IH) causing pressure in the brain to be too high. Both types of compression come with other symptoms, too.

There is good information about this in this posts by Jules:

It would be a good idea to see a vascular doctor to get a dynamic angiogram of both your ICA & IJV if possible.

I had dizziness & a constant off-balance feeling as I had bilateral jugular compression and symptoms of Intracranial Hypertension.
There have been a few discussions; some people have tried Vestibular Rehab to see if that helped. I’m sure there was a discussion about specific exercises someone tried after surgery but I’m sorry I can’t find that one right now. But here’s a link to one that several members contributed to:
Visual & proprioceptive disturbances - General - Living with Eagle
There are other conditions which can cause dizziness, I don’t know if you’ve been checked for labyrinthitis or Meniere’s disease? Also there’s a condition called Superior Canal Dehiscence which seems to be linked to ES, so that might be worth looking in to, a CT scan of the ear can diagnose it.

2 Likes