It's A Long Story – Bilateral IJV Compression For 14+ Years In 38-Year-Old East Asian Male

Hi Chan, & welcome to the site!
Thanks for the research paper/ resources links, lots to read through! So frustrating when you’ve studied and researched so well to then be dismissed by doctors, and to have research papers not even looked at is maddening too! Here’s another one you might find interesting, & there are quite a few other papers about IJV compression in the research papers category:
Dr. Higgins & Dr. Axon : Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension Complicated by Subdural Effusions Treated by Surgical Relief of Cranial Venous Outflow Obstruction - General / Research Papers - Living with Eagle
Mr Higgins & Mr Axon are very experienced doctors who have authored other papers, so certainly not just looking to get published!
I’m not very knowledgeable at reading scans, so wouldn’t be able to comment on your scan images, but certainly the first one you’ve posted shows clearly the IJV compression between the styloid & the C1 process, so you’re on the right track getting this looked into…
Re whether the styloid process is elongated or whether the stylo-hyoid ligament is calcified, I don’t think that it matters at all; sometimes they fuse & it’s impossible to tell, whatever it is all the calcification needs removing!
Another name for the jugular variant ES is Venous Outflow Obstruction- @Isaiah_40_31 posted that she believes Dr Constantino calls it this!
Unfortunately the situation in Canada is pretty grim with regards to being able to get diagnosed & to have surgery, so many of our Canadian members have gone to the US. I don’t know if that’s possible for you?

2 Likes