Medical Marijuana - general information

Hi Isaiah, that is mostly done by Google translator. Because translating the whole document does not work properly, I translated it with assistance. I will review again, but I ve had not enough concentration left last evening.

Thank you, TheDude. Either I missed the link for the English translation last night, or you added it after I read your post. I appreciate your effort. :blush:

Me again, Seenie from Admin.

This is a most interesting post, thank you Dude, and we need to make a few clarifying statements here so that nobody gets the wrong impression:

We’re here for social and emotional support, but that can’t be separated from members’ medical experiences and knowledge. Ben’s Friends doesn’t take responsibility for any of the information which members share amongst themselves on our sites. We do medical fact checking to the extent that we can (given our limited resources) but nothing that you read here should be assumed to be true. Your medical professionals are always the ones to consult: principally, your doctors and pharmacists.

Before you try anything new, even complementary therapies or seemingly-benign OTC supplements, please tell all your medical professionals. There may be interactions!

Recreational use is a whole other issue: its legality varies from country to country, and even jurisdiction to jurisdiction. If it is illegal where you are, don’t do it. JUST DON’T.

This post is about medically-supervised (prescription) marijuana use, not recreational. Comments about recreational marijuana use will be deleted from this thread.

Just so that we are all on the same page …

Seenie from Admin.

3 Likes

Right on.
Only occasionally would I have a couple of puffs, the professor asked with if I did, or did not, so I told him.
Nothing wrong with the odd toke he said
It relaxs me and sorts out my head, actually feeling happier, less self centred and more aware of the people around me.
But I have anxiety issues over my lungs, so I dare not.
But hopefully we will be making butter soon
It does work for me.

2 Likes

Hi @optimistic,
I’m glad to hear you’re getting some relief.
I have already had experience with the oral intake and can only advise to slowly approach an effective dose and really wait long enough. You don’t really want to overdose because the effect lasts much longer, too. If it does happen, it helps to stay calm, nothing bad can actually happen. Sweet foods and drinks (with sugar) can help. I also think the combination with extra CBD in capsules is quite good.

A faster option than making butter is to decarboxylate the shredded flowers in aluminum foil in the oven at 284°F for 15 minutes and then stir them into a creamy yogurt or chocolate pudding, etc. This can then be consumed directly.
The “activated” flowers can also be kept in a closed container for a longer period of time for later use.

Of course, only medical cannabis of tested quality should be used.

Good luck. :green_heart:

Thank you for the link, TheDude! Research papers are often very helpful in guiding both our members & giving doctors new/updated information. Appreciate you sharing your experience with this alternative medication as well.

1 Like

Found another page that might interest one or the other in this context:

1 Like

Thank you for your research & input, TheDude. How are you doing these days? Do you have surgery scheduled yet?

I am so glad I stumbled onto this. Post Eagle’s surgery, the constant screaming in my ear is driving me crazy. I have been told that there is little to no relief options available out there. This is an option I will be looking into.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to read about your ear struggles. That is frustrating. Perhaps an anti-inflammatory of some sort or a nerve pain med might help calm things down. I take a diuretic for Meniére’s symptoms which include really loud tinnitus. I also have to maintain a low salt, caffeine, & alcohol (I don’t drink so no prob here) diet & stay very hydrated. When I comply w/ the dietary mandate, my tinnitus calms down considerably. I don’t know if that is helpful info for you but maybe worth a try.

I’ll pray for you! :hugs:

2 Likes

The IACM recently changed the link and the document. You can find it here now (in German):

Thank you for this information. As always you continue to educate us on a subject that isn’t discussed much or well understood.

1 Like

For the English version, please consult translate.google.com

1 Like

I’d like to share this interesting article here again.

2 Likes

Thanks TheDude!

I mentioned this in another post, then realized it should go here: I tried medical cannabis and found that THC actually makes my symptoms WORSE, unfortunately. My guess is it probably depends on what’s in it, which would vary from state to state. My doctor and I are discussing CDB, but it’s incredibly expensive and I’m paying co-pays for all the diagnostics right now so I’m opting out of that one.

I’m sorry that it doesn’t work for you so well, @tokenegret . I tried almost every available strain in my pharmacy (mostly imported from Canada) and I can confirm, that there were quite a few making my symptoms worse.
In my observation mostly the Sativas made it worse while Indicas are quite good. When I was in California I had to get my medication in a dispensary. They recommended Black Forest Cake (Indica) from Lowell Herbs Farm to me and it worked fantastic. Much better than the stuff I can get here in the pharmacy. Didn’t made me too high in my head and mostly relaxed my muscles unbelievable effective. If you are in medical marijuana and live or stay in Cali you should definitely try that.

Can you tell us which strains you tried?

2 Likes

I noticed that this thread ended almost a year ago, but I am curious if others experienced discomfort from CBD/THC pills to treat Eagles. I have been told from MDs, and others of the benefit for use in the evening, but it would seem that throat irritation would likely result if using CBD/THC pills and complicate ES with more throat tightness.

A dry herb pipe. Is also good and you get abv which you can also add that to food like peanut butter and jelly or pudding .You can also make tincture with the abv like you said only medical