More updates about my complicated case

Yeah please do. At least it appears that way to my untrained eyes. He has the final say.

2 Likes

Trust me, he is used to me asking a ton of questions!!!

1 Like

By my untrained eyes the cyan arrow is pointing to space, where different sections of brain meet. Perhaps a portion of the petrous ridge or clivus space.

so, it may not be the SCA?

@boogs99 You could be right and I could be wrong since I did not examine the whole Fiesta MRI sequences to account for all arteries in that vicinity but I trust your insight since you might have looked into this area more than I have ever done since I never suffered from vascular loop compressions on cranial nerves.

Having said that, SCA artery sometimes shows up along the petrous ridge area and is naturally not far from there. So consider these 2 cases (shown below with their sources) that are similar to the image above and are compressing TN in that area of interest here. It does seem to be the space between the different brain areas or petrous ridge.

Anyways, my observation is not diagnostic and I make mistakes all the time so I could be wrong on this one but this is to show you that compression of SCA on CN V can show up along that area.

Source : Surgical Treatment of Trigeminal Neuralgia | Anesthesia Key

Source : Teaching Video NeuroImages: Trigeminal neuralgia due to compression by the superior cerebellar artery | Neurology

1 Like

I would sure hope during my surgery that the surgeon would explore the SCA and not just address the AICA that was ID’d on the FIESTA MRI.

2 Likes

Always good to ask questions to make sure you & Dr. C agree on what is being done!

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: I Was Just Down at UCLA

@Snapple2020 & @1speechpick - I just moved your discussion to a new topic titled I Was Just Down at UCLA. That way the discussion can be more focused on Snapple’s challenges & the responses she gets.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: I Was Just Down at UCLA