Most Likely a Long Time Sufferer of ES, Anyone Else? Plus Rant

Though it’s a yucky feeling to feel & know you have those tusks poking into your throat, it’s also proof positive that what the scans show is accurate. YIKES to the ripping sounds when you yawn/open wide. That sounds miserable. It’s most likely the styloid is irritating the tonsil rather than the other way arounds, but who knows?! Maybe they’re collaborating!!

Yes I agree with your thoughts on my left tonsil. I had a tonsillectomy at ~12yo and well after my sinus/tooth infection the left side “regrew” a little. I had some weird pus ball on it in late Aug 2019, unfortunately the nurse never got a chance to see it as I swallowed it but she assumed it was a tonsil stone, which I disagree with. But ever since then, it’s never gone down. It’s had different degrees of inflammation ever since. If I press lightly on it, there’s a shooting sensation down into my throat.

And no health practitioner can agree on it - some say it’s red and inflamed, some say it’s healthy and pink. :rofl:

Now that I know what it going on, it makes complete sense as to why the left side of my face feels inflamed sometimes, my ear sometimes turns red and aches, and temple and scalp are sensitive.

2 Likes

I had similar revelations along my ES discovery journey. Loved those AHA moments when I could connect a set of symptoms w/ a particular nerve & even after I had my surgeries when a symptom that had occurred years before, but out of context would suddenly make sense. Thank goodness for all the information that’s been shared here!

Lately I was feeling a little more “okay” due to the fact I understand what’s happening. Now that I have evidence as to the cause of my symptoms, I understand how not to irritate my throat/neck, stop poking around, and how to protect the area. I’m still going to have my days of crankiness (we all have the right to ‘not be okay’) but at least I’m one step closer to potential relief!

2 Likes