My story and symptoms, misdiagnosed as TN, ATN, wondering if this could be Eagles

Hi Elena,
So sorry that you’ve been suffering for years & have had to spend so much money seeing doctors with no real help, that’s tough, but sadly not unusual on here :hugs:
It certainly sounds like you have nerve pain; have the nerve pain meds not helped at all? Sometimes they can take a while to build up in your system, & it can take a bit of juggling to find one or two which help… It does sound like you could have vascular symptoms too- the vertigo, off balance feeling etc. I never had the typical symptoms like the foreign body sensation in the throat.
The best way to get a diagnosis is with a CT; you say yours shows elongated & calcified styloids, so given your symptoms it does sound as if it could well be ES. If you’re able to, it would be an idea to get a referral to a doctor with experience, here’s a link to the list:
Doctor Lists – no discussion - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
There are a few in NE; you could use the search function to look for any discussions about them. We can’t say for definite that ES is the cause of all your symptoms, or that surgery would be a total cure, but I certainly think it’s worth pursuing…hope that this helps and you can see a doctor who can treat you :hugs:

1 Like