My Styloid Processes are both longer than 6cm

Asumhannah,

Snapple2020 gave you great information. Here are a couple of links to long posts which Jules wrote about ES symptoms & possible causes. They are very thorough & include links to research papers that back up the information she presents.

I had my ES surgeries in 2014 & 2015. I finally picked up copies of my radiology report this week as I’ve long wondered about my styloid lengths. All it said was my styloids were elongated almost to my hyoid bone. No lengths were mentioned. Guess I’ll never know! :joy:

I wouldn’t panic about your head movement. From the symptoms you’ve mentioned it doesn’t sound like you have vascular ES. Many people don’t & I didn’t. As Snapple mentioned, for your own comfort, don’t put your head in positions that cause you pain, & avoid sports activities (soccer, skiing, etc) where you could injure your neck (including chiropractic adjustments of your neck).

Dr. Hackman is a good & experienced surgeon in your state. He would be a good resource foe you even though you may need to travel to see him.

I’m glad you’re diagnosed as your next steps will lead you toward recovery.

2 Likes