My Weird Symptoms

Those styloids are really curved! No wonder they’re causing symptoms…hopefully Dr Omelie will be helpful…

You can try Mayo, but expect to be disappointed. If by some miracle they’re able to help or refer you to help, we’d love to know about it here.

Click on the magnifying glass icon & type Mayo or Mayo Clinic into the search box & links will come up where Mayo & patient experiences have been mentioned.

Great observation @vdm! You can print out this image & show it to Dr. Omlie when you see him for discussion, @tokenegret.

1 Like

I think they said that was “artifact” - I’ll ask. I’ve had several MRIs.

1 Like

UPDATE:
I saw Dr. Omlie on Thursday. He said 61% of the people he’s worked on see improvement. I took a friend with me this time and had some anti-anxiety meds before I went in, and I like to think I was more coherent this time. :slight_smile:

I will be put on the list for surgery, however, it will be months. He said it would be at least 2 weeks before I’ll even hear from the scheduling person. Things went quite well with him, he showed me images and reviewed in detail what he’ll be doing.

Now I’m working with my PCP to manage the symptoms. I’m on pain meds now, because I can at least move around without hurting so much. We’re kind of balancing the pros and cons of being completely sedentary vs. the risk of narcotics. And, of course, the effing pain.

We increased my blood pressure medication, and will be starting me on lasix.
I’m also going to have some trigger point injections. (I have a lot of muscle spasms in my neck and shoulder)
I now have the images of my CTV, so I’ll see if I can get them to load up.

CTV_LP

@vdm I totally forgot to ask about the spot on the CTA - things were going so quickly, and when we reviewed my images we were focusing on the venous one. :frowning:
If I get a chance I’ll definitely remember next time.

Glad that Dr Omlie can help you, even if it’ll be a wait…at least you’re getting somewhere. I hope that you & your PCP can get the pain more under control :hugs:

2 Likes