New member story with a few questions

Hi & welcome to the site!
Hopefully you’ll have had a look at the Newbies Guide Section with info about common symptoms, so you may well have seen that GERD/ sore throat symptoms are quite common & can be down to nerve irritation, often the Vagus nerve affects digestion.
There are nerve pain meds which might help with the poking in the throat sensation. Some members have had chiro treatments which have helped temporarily, but you would need someone who knows about ES, as they could do harm otherwise. Steroid / lidocaine injections can be done into the tonsillar region by an ENT, if it does help it’s usually only temporary. Some members have managed their symptoms this way for quite a while. Also some members have used lidocaine patches or cream on their necks which helps a bit.
Usually it’s painful to sleep on the worst side so people avoid it for that reason, I found sleeping propped up more helped me as well, that was suggested to me on here & it was a really useful tip!
Deciding when to have surgery is a difficult decision, as the recovery isn’t always easy & there are risks. Usually we’ve got to the point where quality of life is badly affected and it then becomes worth taking the risks, the benefits of surgery outweigh those. I lived with the pain for a year as it was controlled reasonably well with nerve pain meds, but then started to get vascular symptoms-these made me feel pretty ill & were quite scary so I pursued surgery.
Here’s a link to the Doctors List in the Doctors Info Section- you can use the search tool for looking up doctors names in the past discussions, to see how many people have had surgery with them etc.
Doctor Lists – no discussion - Symptoms and Treatments / Doctor Information - Living with Eagle
Hope this helps!

2 Likes