New to group and ES

I am on my phone so I hope these images load. I am using ice packs to to try to help with pain and swelling.

Praying for healing for you, it looks good, try to keep half upright as much as possible & keep an eye on swelling, you might need to ask for steroids for that…God bless :pray:

I found some Decadron that I had left from my last shunt surgery. It’s only 4 days worth but I started it last night. I am feeling a lot better today and was even able to eat a little really tender road in small bites my mother-in-law made with carrots and mashed potatoes and gravy. And homemade tapioca pudding. She spoils me too much when I have surgeries!! Added a pic showing today’s bruising. Managing pain with alternating Tylenol and ibuprofen right now except a 5mg Oxy at night if it gets bad…my surgeon said he had a bit of an oddity with mine as they are usually hard and long, mine were long and thin and flimsy so as soon as they touched them they would break off on pieces and he had to prove around and retrieve them. Mine were also not calcified all the way down…portions came off hyoid and portions of Styloid. He did say two of them were over an inch long. As is usual with every health issue I have had…nothing with me is ever normal!! LOL!!

image|375x500

Ouch, that bruising looks painful! But the incisions look good…sounds like it was a tricky surgery! I’m glad that pain’s under control & MIL is looking after you well! Gentle hugs, & prayers!

Hi amybaby,

How are you doing now that you’re a bit farther out from surgery? I hope much better.

:blush:

Feeling better. Still having quite a bit of nerve pain. I have been out on gabapentin 300g twice a day for awhile. It is helping quite a bit. It has also helped with some of my neuralgia and Fibro pain as well as my lack of sleep at night. I spoke to my rheumatologist this week at my appointment about possibly staying on it long term once the surgeon is done with me and she was open to it. :slightly_smiling_face: Relief yay!

As far as symptoms from ES, I am sure it is still way to early to tell if there will be any help or not yet.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’ve gotten nerve pain relief from Gabapentin. That’s super! And yes, you’re right about needing more recovery time before being able to know for certain what your ES surgery has helped. I hope you do begin to notice positive changes as the days pass.

:hugs:

Hi @amybaby how are you doing now. I also have chiari malformation, an elongated hyoid and styloids. Im due for surgery end of September but have the same issue, don’t know if its my chiari or Hyoid ot ES. Were both your styloids taken out internally or externally?