Pro singer just diagnosed! So many questions.. (and want to connect with other singers!)

Wow. That Wikipedia article mentioned in the story was changed because of me. What it used to say was a bunch of contradicting things as well as that ES didn’t affect the voice. While I was changing tge wiki page a Wiki administrator started writing to me and asked me who I was, and why did I consider myself an 'expert. I told him how unscrupulous people kept changing the article to cover their mistakes and even though I can’t afford to hire people to change it for me, like what I suspected was happening it didn’t mean I would give up.
I was even told after the first surgery - where I had a huge voice improvements that ES didn’t affect my voice. I told everyone who would listen that vocal folds do not exist in a vacuum and making such conclusions was ridiculous when ES is so rare.
I’m so sorry for your troubles. I’ve dropped out of this group for a while. I’ve had great losses because of ES. I’m not singing currently. I’m not playing currently. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen in the future. My doctors have been repeatedly telling me " You need to understand that you are Unique". It appears the right side ES bone was broken inside my neck after a car’s shoulder belt broke it. My right carotid body and right submandibular salivary gland are basically missing after presumed damage from the broken bone.
When I dropped out from this group I was told I would never sing or play again. I then went home to watch the youtube posted zoom meeting I missed during my appointment and found out a big wig listened to one of my sketch tracks - not the finished one and tore me apart verbally and posted it. It was a very hard day.
I’m telling you this because I want you to know that even when you think you have lost everything - you have not. That no one knows the amazing healing abilities your body has and God gives. I had TIA evidence in my scans. They were all over the place. Last Thursday my patent was issued. I started the process before my surgeries and wrote rebuttles about 15 times over the last 6 years. No one can decide how well you can recover from multiple TIA’s.
That person who tore me apart in the video? We are friends now. He loves my music and he’s asked me to write a music theory blog for his site. He felt so bad about the mix up that he remade his entire website. I have a studio and have recorded myself a little since the surgeries. I am still healing. The technology that is available today is amazing. I had a track where I sang a major chord in the end. The publisher decided he wanted my song to end in a minor chord. It meant I had to sing a 4th higher than what I am now capable. At that time the tech to do that would make my recording sound bad. Before my due date my software had an update. That update made it so I was able to fulfill the publisher’s wishes.
Singers - you have more talent happening n your heads than you will ever know. Your practice of music created more routes in your brains. Your abilities with timeing is within milliseconds when non pro musicians can be off by full seconds simply because you excersized your brains snd your braindms changed at a young age, and it cannot be reproduced after that young age. There are brain studies proving this as recent as 5 years ago. Your ears pick up more nuances than other people. I was asked by an attorney to see if I could figure out ‘speaker identification’ a couple of years ago. We’ve all had an “education” with ES. We have lived physical changes while being told we are crazy. We can see anatomy pictures and feel them. Just a little voice study combined with studio/frequency study and you can be expert witnesses for court cases. That case I was asked to help? The defendant confessed after reading my report. The man who had lost his family home because of identification theft was very thankful…
I am still learning who I am after “losing everything”. I do know this: Many people prayed for me. I was given the power to be a blessing. My story isn’t over. Who I am isn’t gone.

3 Likes