Review of UK Surgeon

Hello

Yes, I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr Hughes. He even returned my call when I rang him sobbing from A&E which was beyond the call of duty and he came to visit me on his one day off, the day after surgery. A good man, who just wanted to help. I wanted to see Dr Axon but I would have had to go through additional expensive tests with his vascular colleagues including lumbar puncture, before he could operate - and at the time I was absolutely desperate beyond belief for immediate help. I’ve been on amitryptyline and gabapentin but I put on three stone in weight and they eventually stopped working. I have 50/50 pain and no pain, depending on whether and when the nerve gets trapped, and I don’t think any neuralgia pill can mask the pain of a trapped nerve. Just have to grin and bear it. I take codeine and go to bed early on bad days! The only time I get concerned is with heart palpitations because of compression but it’s so hard to measure or treat because it’s so sporadic. I’m seeing my local NHS vascular team for that. There is not enough knowledge in the UK and it is not an operation many are willing to carry out (which is odd, seeing as so many are willing to take tonsils out from an early age, which is the root of my problem!), but I strongly recommend Dr Hughes whether people can afford to see him quickly and privately, or on the NHS - he deals with a lot of cancer patients, but he promises to try and see people as swiftly as possible.

Best wishes,

Julia

2 Likes