Rookie year

I love the humor in your post, and all I can say is, WOW! What a story! You’ve been through an amazing physical challenge!! I’ve had two TBIs but haven’t had all the “exciting” physical manifestations of brain injury that you have. Your comment about - messing w/ your jaw & neck & something gave way & pain left - has been noted on here before. Maybe not the whole scenario but there are similarities. ES is indeed a strange bird & symptoms can come & go. Styloids can break, or as you notices, kind of shift around, & that changes symptoms, too. Jules posted a very thorough article on ES symptoms & their causes. I’m including the link incase you haven’t read it. ES Information: Common Symptoms And Possible Explanations For Them

This post is also really helpful: ES Information: Background, Anatomy, Styloid Length, Angulation, Classic and Vascular

The changes in your visual field test are spectacular & literally night & day (black & white :wink:). You must be reveling in your new found visual acuity! Now to head ES off at the pass & hopefully resolve some of the other symptoms that are challenging you physically. Just know that even though removing the styloids can give almost miraculous results, the surgical recovery takes a lot of time. Injured nerves are slow to recover. You can be functional within a couple weeks after surgery, but full nerve recovery often takes closer to a year. That’s not to discourage you but to help you be realistic in your timing should you decide on surgery. The accessory nerve is often irritated by ES & that affects neck, shoulders & arms & can be the potential problem that is zapping your shoulder strength. When nerves & muscles in the upper body are compromised, there is a sort of chain reaction down the body as muscles lower down try to take over to “help” then the muscles below those have to help the “helper” muscles & so it goes until all the muscles are trying in some way to do jobs, big or small, that they weren’t meant to do. Voíla! Pain all over the body.

Please keep us in the loop as you move forward. We’re so happy to walk alongside you in your journey. :hugs: